It's time for another major PUBG Mobile update and 1.8 will be bringing a ton of exciting new content for us to enjoy! We've got the breakdown of all the important patch notes.
As part of the 1.8 Update, there is a Spider-Man collaboration on the way. There are also a ton of general quality of life improvements and upgrades.
Here's a breakdown of everything you need to know about this PUBG update!
PUBG 1.8 Update Patch Notes
Here's your breakdown of all the important patch notes from PUBG Mobiles Update 1.8.
New Classic Mode Map
Go to Unranked - Classic Mode and select AfterMath to enter.
Basic Mechanics Improvements
- Added a feature that allows players to continue swimming in a near-death state, but their swimming speed will be reduced.
- Added the Hit Marker feature: After this is enabled, whenever a player or a teammate hits an enemy, a marker is automatically generated where they are hit.
- Added a map marker feature that can be used during the jump phase. When this is enabled, tapping the map during the jump phase will place a mark there directly and make a pillar of light appear at the location.
- Added an auto-jump feature. After this is enabled, players will automatically jump in the direction of a marker that has been placed on the map.
Bombs and volcanic eruptions have transformed the terrain of the small island of Livik. Many years later, the survivors intensify their training in order to face new threats in the future.
- With the advancement of science and technology, all firearms have been modified to have an AC Core Module, which makes them easier to aim and control. At the same time, the new scope makes it easier to aim with the crosshair. We hope these changes will make shooting fun at all times in the game.
- Reduced the size of the urban area & the density of the Playzone in the new map to make it easier to discover enemies.
- Characters are equipped with Tactical Glasses by default, which shows players the damage dealt by firearms.
- Added a new interactive zipline to make it easier to move to the next Playzone.
- Added a recall system that gives all players 1 chance to return to the battlefield. Find the Recall Tower and recall your teammates!
- MG3: Modified the default shooting mode to 660 RPM; Recoil: +10%.
- M16A4: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
- MK47: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
Other Updates and Improvements
- Graphic quality improvements: Enhanced HDR water surface material effects in Erangel.
- Improved the Daily Missions screen and the rewards.
- Improved the display of information when picking up items.
- Improved the accuracy of audio markers on the mini-map.
- Lowered the requirements to place a chicken dinner statue so that it is easier to place the statue after winning.
- Added a throwable consumables toggle for players to enable or disable the feature.
- When a player only has 1 consumable or throwable, the expand button above it is hidden by default.
- Fixed an issue that caused teammates' markers to overlap when they were on the plane.
- Added shortcut buttons for new features that can take players to the new settings quickly.
- Improved interactions on the Settings screen.
- Improved the graphic effects of the pick-up screen and the custom layout interface.
- Improved the layout order and naming of tabs in the settings.
- Fixed issue where there were no footsteps when carrying a wounded player.
- Fixed effect display errors for some weapons.
- Fixed display error for roads in Livik urban areas when graphics were set to smooth.
- In Metro Royale, fixed issue where the Open Crate button sometimes did not disappear.
- In Metro Royale, fixed black door glitch.
- In Metro Royale, fixed issue where Talent would sometimes fail to activate.
- Fixed issue where players using certain tablet models were unable to open the Purchase page when tapping a Lucky Airdrop.
- Fixed issue where Voice volume could not be adjusted on the Settings page.
- Fixed issue where viewing highlights and friend statuses could cause the screen to go black.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to hide the matchmaking details popup window.
- Fixed Maid Set and Mutation Mask display issue.
- Fixed issue where the Adore bubble emotes could not be displayed in the Cheer Park.
PUBG Spider-Man Content
IP Themed Game Modes
From January 12, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 14, 23:59 (UTC +0), toggle on the themed mode when selecting Classic Mode, and set the map to Erangel - Spider-Man™
From January 15, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 14, 23:59 (UTC +0), toggle on the themed mode when selecting Classic Mode, and set the map to Livik - Spider-Man™
Spider-Man has encountered mysterious monsters after arriving at Erangel. Fight alongside Spider-Man and defeat the boss to get advanced supplies, the new Web Shooter and Spiderweb Ball, to try out Spider-Man's abilities. Find Spider Crates on Erangel and open them to get basic supplies, as well as a chance to get Spider-Man items.
- Challenge the Boss: Find Mylta Power and fight alongside Spider-Man!
- Web Shooter: Players will be able to shoot spider webs after getting the Web Shooter. Spider webs slow down players they hit.
- Spiderweb Ball: When the Spiderweb Ball is thrown at the ground, it releases many spiderwebs in an area that slows the movement of other players moving through it.