PUBG Mobile Update 1.3 Release Date & Time
The latest season of PUBG Mobile promises to be one of the best yet!
Celebrating an anniversary should be done in style right?
PUBG Mobile has pushed out its third-year anniversary patch on 9 March, 2021, and with no downtime at that!
For Android Devices, the update should be around 640 MB. However, it's almost double that size on iOS systems at 1.55 GB.
" Please note that players on different versions cannot team up with each other, so please update as soon as possible."
READ MORE: When Does PUBG Mobile Season 18 Start?
It may seem like a big chunk of your mobile device's storage, but there's a good reason for that...
Firstly, there is going to be a few rewards being gifted to every player!
Below, you can check out the full list of what's coming:
- 3000 BP
- 100 AG
- Cute Kitten - Pan (3d)
In order to get these, you will need to update your game between 9 March, 2021, and 14 March, 2021, by 00:00 UTC.
New Game Mode
Secondly, there's a brand new mode coming in the PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update and it promises to change the way you play.
" Hundred Rhythms arrived in Erangel, get the party started at the electronic music festival. The Music Armband grants 3 special skills. Choose a skill that suits you, upgrade the skill by collecting scattered cassettes, and dominate the battlefield with the help of your skill."
Below, we have a little more on what this all actually means...
- A screen requiring players to choose a skill will appear on Spawn Island. Players will need to choose 1:the Guardian Armband, Recon Armband, or Camouflage Armband before the match begins.
- Players will get 3 skills after selecting a skill. The first is an active skill that grants the player a powerful ability; the other two are passive skills that grant the player buffs. Players will start the match with just the core skill and will need to get cassettes to unlock the passive skills.
- In each match, 3 electronic music squares will spawn on Erangel. One of them will always spawn on Spawn Island, while the other 2 will spawn in random locations. The electronic music festival playing dance music awaits your exploration.
For the most part, the armbands are what makes this game mode unique so we have details on all the abilities up for grabs during this exclusive event in PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update.
Guardian Armband Abilities
- Music Barrier - When used, this skill activates a device that generates a semi-transparent column-shaped barrier that reduces the damage taken from bullets.
- Music Conversion - This skill activates an interactive feature for the barrier generator. Players can use this feature to disable the barrier and recover the Energy of allies within range instead.
- Pop Metal - Players and their allies will have decreased reload time when they are inside the barrier.
Recon Armband Abilities
- Sonic Scan - After using this skill, the player throws a scanning device forward to scan and mark enemies.
- Encore - Players will recover Health after knocking out marked enemies.
- Sound Burst - When there are marked enemies, your ammo will carry an electric charge that deals damage over time to enemies hit.
Camouflage Armband Abilties
- Stealth - After using this skill, the player's outfit changes to a Ghillie Suit for a period of time. The weapons and backpack on the player's back will be concealed during this period.
- Surveillance - A UI tip will appear on the screen if there are any enemies nearby.
- Breathing Easy - If the player hasn't taken any damage recently, the player will gradually recover Health
All you have to do is choose Erangel in the map selection screen to experience this exclusive mode for yourself.
In addition to this, Metro Royale: Uncover will be reset as-per tradition and usher in a new chapter of this mode. Also, from March 31st, 2021, a Clown-themed event will be bringing more cosmetics to the game for a limited time.
New Weapons & Vehicles
There's going to be a new firearm and a new vehicle in the PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update.
The Mosin-Nagant Sniper Rifle might be a familiar one for those of you that played World at War and it's finally making it's way to the mobile battle royale.
In addition to this, the Motor Glider is coming to both Erangel and Miramar as part of this update.
- The Motor Glider is a 2-person vehicle that consists of a front seat for the pilot and a back seat where a passenger can shoot from.
- To take off, the pilot must press the ascend button to raise the nose after the Motor Glider gains enough speed.
- The Motor Glider's fuel consumption is directly related to engine speed. The faster you fly, the more fuel consumed. It is always a good idea to fill up the Motor Glider's tank before stepping on the throttle.
This may be the last of the noticeable content additions, but we have the full patch notes for PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update below.
Full Patch Notes - PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update
The patch notes below include basic performance improvements, bug fixes, and more.
- Improved the in-battle terrain rendering logic for low-end devices to reduce rendering loss.
- Improved the in-battle selection of terrain-blocking objects for low-end devices to reduce rendering loss when the camera moves.
- Greatly improved the overall in-battle UI update logic to reduce UI update time.
- Reduced lag triggered after a player jumps out from the plane.
- Reduced the rendering loss of general resources, such as the sky and the sea, to make the game run more smoothly.
- Resolved an issue that caused the game to crash when MSAA and HDR were both enabled on a device using iOS 14.3.
- Improved the deletion of infrequently-used local resources to free up more space.
- Resolved an issue where a half-downloaded resource needed to be fully downloaded before it could be deleted.
READ MORE: New PUBG Universe Game In The Works
Security Improvements - PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update
- Improved Video Review conversion process's accuracy and display of ballistics and vehicles to make it easier for users to make judgments.
- Added several machine learning algorithms to identify and filter suspicious behaviour in the game.
- Continued to increase the number of manual review team members to ensure the security of tournaments and high-tier matches.
- Continued to strengthen the game's defence against DDoS attacks and expand the coverage of defence measures to ensure secure and stable game operations.
- Quick Sensitivity Adjustment: Players are now able to open a UI option to quickly adjust sensitivity in the Training Grounds.
- Hide Helmets in Matches: In Lobby Inventory display settings, we added a feature to allow players to hide helmets in matches. This only hides helmets from the player's own view, so helmets are still seen in other players' views.
- Mk14 Sound Improvement: Updated the audio resources of the Mk14 to improve the performance of its firing sounds.
- Camera Tilting Fix: Resolved an issue that sometimes caused the camera to tilt when scoping in the Training Grounds or Cheer Park.
- Graphics Rendering Improvements: Resolved a rendering bug that caused the terrain in the distance to float in the air when the scope was used. Resolved an issue that caused items to suddenly appear or disappear in some scenes reported by a small number of players.
- New Rhythm Hero Achievement: Play Hundred Rhythms in Erangel.
- New Mythic Fashion VI: Collect 200 Mythic Outfits.
Message Manager Feature - PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update
- Most system messages will be displayed in the message manager. Players can use the message manager to view system messages clearly at one glance or to conveniently go to the corresponding system message page to handle notifications.
PUBG Mobile Music
- Added the entrance to this feature in the player Space.
- Players can use this feature to listen to songs and set the background music for their Space.
- PUBG MOBILE has obtained the full copyrights on all music that can be listened to.
- Players can give albums to friends that meet the gifting conditions. Albums already owned by the friend cannot be gifted.
Royale Pass ( Season 18 )
- here will be a 3rd Anniversary music theme screen and rewards. Players can choose rank rewards twice as they progress in the Royale Pass. After the anniversary party starts, some special guests will also make an appearance. In addition to an AUG finish, players also get to choose between 2 advanced sets at rank 1 and rank 50. At rank 100, get the Violin Music Set and a mysterious Kar98K Finish!
- An adventure event will start with the music. Adventure Vouchers have been added to the free rank rewards, and players can use them to redeem 1 of 2 sets twice on the event page. The adventure awaits.
- The RP Activity Pack event begins in the new season: Purchase the RP Activity Pack to gain RP ranks quickly and collect Mission Activity Points to get your UC back as rebates.
- Fixed other bugs affecting missions and other content to improve players' experiences.
Melee Weapon Display Feature - PUBG Mobile 1.3 Update
- Players can now choose to simultaneously display a firearm and a melee weapon in the Lobby. The currently selected weapon will be wielded by the character, and the previous weapon will be on the character's back.
- If the conditions below are met, the firearm and melee weapon displayed by players in their Lobby can be used in Spawn Island.
- All firearms and melee weapons owned by players on Spawn Island will be removed when they board the plane.
- Conditions for weapons to be brought in from the Lobby:
- Firearms: Need to be equipped with a Legendary or above Finish, but this condition does not apply to rare upgradeable firearms, which can be brought in as well.
- Melee weapons: Need to be equipped with an Epic or above Finish.
READ MORE: PUBG Mobile India Release Date Confirmed
- The All-Talent Championship is divided into three stages: Weekly Matches, Semi-Finals, and the Final Round. Weekly Matches are played from week 1 to week 4. The Semi-Finals are played in week 3 and week 5. The Final Round is held in week 6.
- Players can participate in the Weekly Matches directly, but must advance from the previous stage to participate in the Semi-Finals or the Final Round.
- The minimum tier requirement for the Weekly Match is Silver V, the minimum tier requirement for the Semi-Finals is Gold V, and the minimum tier requirement for the Final Round is Platinum V.
- Teams can get points every week when they participate in Weekly Matches. The total of their 6 best games in that week becomes their points. The top 50 teams will enter the Semi-Finals.
- The teams that advance to the Semi-Finals are randomly divided into 5 groups. Each group plays 3 consecutive matches and the top 2 teams from each group advance to the Final Round.
- Teams that advance to the Final Round will play 4 consecutive matches. They will be ranked and receive rewards based on their total points for these 4 games.
- The top 2 teams of the Final Round will be eligible to participate in the PMCO Preliminaries (excluding the KR/JP region).
- Point Rules: All-Talent Championship points are calculated in Teams and do not count individual player's points.
- The scoring rules for single matches are as follows:
- Total score of each match = Elimination points + Rank points.
- Calculation of Elimination points: 1 point is gained for each player defeated.
- Calculation of Rank points: No. 1 gains 15 points; No. 2 gains 12 points; No. 3 gains 10 points; No. 4 gains 8 points; No. 5 gains 6 points; No. 6 gains 4 points; No. 7 gains 2 points; and No. 8-12 gains 1 point.
- Teams can participate in the weekly match repeatedly, but teams that are already eligible to advance will not repeatedly advance or get an additional advancement reward. The advancement spots will be filled up by other teams based on the rankings.
We'll have more on PUBG Mobile 1.3 once the update is live for everyone.