Popular PlayStation 5 exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has received it's latest update, Version 1.002, and it contains info about a brand new 120Hz display option which provides as boost for Fidelity Mode.
Not many titles currently support 120Hz display outputs on PS5, so many fans will be delighted to see a big console exclusive offer additional support for the output method.
Ratchet & Clank 120Hz Update
The 1.002 update was actually advertised as more of a photo mode update than anything. Even the tweet from Insomniac pushes this aspect of the update over the 120Hz mode.
This 120Hz update does not increase the game's FPS to 120, instead it boosts the Fidelity Mode to run at 40FPS on 120Hz compatible devices. A much needed upgrade for a game that relies on its graphic fidelity quite a lot.
Ratchet & Clank Patch Notes
The 1.002 update has quite a few general fixes as you would imagine with any title that has recently released.
The main features are mostly improvements or additions to Photo Mode with the 120Hz display improvements hidden amongst them.
- Added new stickers
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX in Photo Mode
- Added the ability to toggle armor on or off while in Photo Mode
- Added color backgrounds to Photo Mode
- Added 120 Hz Display Mode, which reduces input latency when using a compatible display. In this mode, the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode increases to 40 frames per second
- Added "Skip Cutscenes" as bindable option for the D-pad
- Added the option to disable the level up message and slowdown