With PES 2020 less than a week away, Konami have ramped up the appetite for the new game by revealing exactly what to expect in the first week of release.
Although the game is completed and will launch on September 10, there are still some last-minute updates that you can download.
RealSport looks at everything coming in the first week of PES 2020, as revealed on their website.
Launch Day - September 10th
- Data Pack 1.01 releases, bringing with it updated player models and licenses
- Patch 1.01.01 releases, bringing with it a number of fixes and balance adjustments based on community feedback
- The first ever Matchday event, UEFA EURO 2020, kicks off in-game
First Scheduled Maintenance - September 12th
- PES 2020's first Live Update scheduled for release, bringing with it the updated player rosters
- Players who have performed well in the international break will be released in-game as the first batch of Featured Players (POTW: National Sep 12 '19)
The latest player rosters will only be available once the September 12 Live Update is implemented.
READ MORE: What is PES 2020's new Matchday mode?
Those who wish to play modes such as Master League with the latest team and player rosters to wait until the Live Update is released.
What's in Data Pack 1.01?
PES use Data Packs to add aspects like new player faces to the game
From new licensed teams to player faces to cinematics and gameplay corrections, the game really explodes into life once you download the first Data Pack.
- New licensed national teams: Russia, Andorra
- Club lists for the Belgian Jupiler Pro League First Division A and the Italian 2nd Division updated
- New licensed national team players from Morocco, Egypt, Costa Rica, Honduras, Paraguay, Cote d'Ivoire, Panama and Montenegro
- 28 new/updated player face models (Mostly from PES Partner Clubs)
- New/updated portrait images for over 100 players
- Updated strips for over 180 clubs
- 4 new boot models
- Serie A TIM (Italy) and 3F Superliga (Denmark) official ball designs added
- Danish Superliga intro cinematic
- Updated transfer fee data for Master League players
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused player stamina to drain quicker than intended when using Teammate Controls or the Dynamic One-Two pass in Online Matches
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused both sticks to become unresponsive when using Skill Controls at the same time as Finesse Dribble
In addition to the above, a variety of other minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
- Adjusted the foul system to increase its accuracy
- Improved the responsiveness of Finesse Dribble controls when trapping the ball
- Adjusted the interaction between player and ball when executing a Kick Feint while trapping
Live Updates coming every Thursday
The first Live Update is scheduled for release on 12th September. Live Updates will then be released on Thursday every week thereafter.
The Live Update feature ensures that PES 2020 is always aligned closely with the real world of football.
Data from real matches being played around the world is collated on a weekly basis and implemented in-game to create a more authentic experience.
The data included in each Live Update is sourced from matches played over the weekend and is applied to the game every Thursday.
These updates affect various aspects of the game, including player Condition Ratings, team rosters and team strategies.
Launch Week Events and Featured Players
That's all the updates taken care of, but what weekly features can we expect?
Featured Player Series: "POTW: National Sep 12 '19"
Release Date: 12/09/2019
"Featured Players" are special versions of players that are released in-game with boosted stats and limited-edition player portrait designs. Think of them as a response to FIFA Ultimate Team's Team of the Week.
Featured Players are the equivalent of in-form players in EA Sports' FIFA
These players are chosen based on their exceptional performance in real-world matches, and are signable in MyClub using Agents.
The first series of Featured Players coming to PES 2020 after launch is titled "POTW: National Sep 12 '19", and is themed after national teams from around the world.
READ MORE: How to download the PES 2020 Option File
The portrait design for these players will display them wearing their national team's kit.
PES 2020 Inaugural Matchday Event: UEFA EURO 2020
Start Date: 10/09/2019
As the name suggests, the first event coming to Matchday mode is themed on UEFA EURO 2020 - thanks to the European qualifiers taking place over the next week.
Konami are taking full advantage of having the UEFA Euro 2020 exclusive licence
Starting on September 10th, PES 2020's inaugural Matchday event will see countries competing in UEFA EURO 2020 divided into two Matchday Sides: home and away.
Pick a country and earn Event Points to climb the rankings for a chance to be selected as your side's Representative for the Matchday Grand Final.
Even if you aren't chosen as Representative, you'll still receive some awesome rewards for spectating, so be sure to hop online during the Grand Final and support your country.
With all this coming in the first few days after launch, PES 2020 is getting off to a flyer.