Konami has labelled the tournament “football’s most accessible sports competition”. It will be played through PES 2020’s new online match day mode, meaning anyone who fancies their chances against an esport pro can enter.NOW WATCH BELOW: Keep up to date with all the latest Pro Evo news!
How to enter
- Players will need to link their KONAMI ID and “eFootball PES 2020” game account to register.
- You can then select your club, region and platform (you will use the same club throughout the tournament).
- You can only select from the clubs participating in eFootball.Pro (to be announced later).
- Registration will open in mid-November.
READ MORE: PES 2020 – Every change in Data Pack 2.0
As you can see from the above diagram, the competition will run all the way until July 2020, with players having to get through three prior stages to make it all the way to the World Finals!
The following competition breakdown is sourced from Konami’s official site.
Online Qualifiers (December 2019 to February 2020)
- Online qualifiers will be held in the game from Monday to Sunday using the same team matchups as eFootball.Pro on weeks where there are pro matches.
- Players will be sorted into competition ranks (Basic to Expert) based on their Rating.
- Players will use preset teams (with stat balancing).
- Only results from matches that use the club selected when registering will be reflected in the online ranking.
- Points obtained in last 50 matches played will be used to determine the online qualifier ranking.
- The online ranking will be decided amongst users that registered under the same club.
- Only the 50 top ranked players per club for each regions and each platforms of the “Expert” category are eligible to enter the Online Finals.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know about PES 2020
Online Finals (February 2020 to March 2020)
- The Online Finals are to be played amongst users that registered under the same club.
- Only preset team of the club chosen when registering for eFootball.Open will be used to play the Online Finals (stat balancing will be in effect).
Regional Finals (May 2020 to June 2020）
- Regional Finals will be held in the following locations: Europe, Americas and Asia.
- For each club, region and platform, players will be selected based on the evaluation of their competition history with eFootball PES 2020 and other standards determined by KONAMI.
- Regional Finals are to be played amongst users that registered under the same club (stat balancing will be in effect).
World Final (July 2020)
- Only winners of each club from each Regional Finals are eligible to participate in the World Final.
- All players will compete against each other to be winner of the eFootball.Open.
- Preset team of the club chosen when registering for eFootball.Open will be used to compete in the World Final (stat balancing will be in effect).
So there you have. Do you reckon you have what it takes to go all the way and win the cash prize? Well make sure you register in mid-November and until then, get practicing!