After many complaints and concerns from the community surrounding Competitive play, Blizzard Entertainment has just released Overwatch 2's first Retail Patch Notes.
Also including extensive bug removal, with this patch, the developers addressed the problem which has players placed in low ranks compared to Overwatch 1.
Overwatch 2 October 13 Patch Notes REVEALED
The first Overwatch 2 patch took on nearly 16 bugs, made fixes to Competitive, and made some minor fixes and adjustments to three heroes.
Here are the full patch notes.
- Fixed an issue with the Report interface on console
- Fixed a bug on PlayStation involving the inability to purchase other items in the store after a refund of another item
- Fixed an issue where Legacy credits were not the default currency selected for purchases in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug where some Heroic emotes/poses were incorrectly locked and priced
- Fixed items in the Hero Gallery that were not able to be purchased
- Fixed an issue with the Spectator Options and made clicking in that menu more responsive
- Resolved a bug with low resolution shop images displaying small on some platforms
- Fixed an issue that caused the entire client to appear out of focus
- Fixed a bug where Hero Unlock challenges were not incrementing properly in Total Mayhem
- Fixed the challenge 'System-Wide Malfunction' not correctly incrementing
- Fixed challenges 'Classy Flex' and 'Flex Your Power' not progressing while in a Group
- Fixed a bug with some Challenges not correctly showing up during the end of game flow
- Resolved a bug where leaving Skirmish could cause Challenge progress to be lost
- Fixed an issue where adjusting Render Scale to any value would cause graphical corruption
- Fixed a bug where depth of field would remain active in gameplay and leave your screen blurry
- Fixed a bug with camera placement in captured Highlights
- General Stability Updates
- Many players were ranked too low during the first week of Overwatch 2, so we are implementing a boost as players continue to play games for those affected by this issue.
- Players who were ranked too low could have the feeling of being stuck in this rank. Moving forward, players should be able to climb the ranks in their first rank update assuming they’re supposed to be higher based on their performance.
- Players who haven’t ranked will not experience this issue after this patch.
- Numbani and Necropolis have been added back to their map pools
- No longer receives extra attack speed from Kiriko's ultimate
- Resolved an issue where 'Yokai' achievement was unattainable
- Fixed a bug with Swift Step that could result in the player being placed under the terrain in some cases
- Fixed an issue where Workshop Green Screen would load Workshop Island instead
- Fixed a bug where Night Workshop maps were loading daytime variants