Pokemon Unite has received a second major update, as Blissey the latest Pokemon supporter finally arrived to the game. Here's more news coming your way.
Tencent also introduced balance changes, in addition to big fixes and the first adjustment to Items.
Pokemon Unite Patch Notes
With less changes than the previous update, the big focus was on everyone's favorite defender, Snorlax. The hero was given a big nerf, reducing durability and cutting time for the ability block.
Here's the complete patch notes:
Crustle - was a decent defender. The crab sponge is the winner in this upgrade.
- Stealth Rock: Cooldown reduced, damage increased.
- Rock Tomb: Damage to opponents increased
Garchomp - rules the late game, however in a game with short matches rarely see this Pokemon full potential. Garchomp receive an interesting buff.
- Movement Speed increased
- Bulldoze: Damage increased
- Dragon Rush: Cooldown Reduced
Slow Bro - Another buff to a defender not a big one though, more like balancing its already good kit.
- Surf: Skills effects duration reduced
- Scald: Bug Fixes and damage increased.
Snorlax - block was simply the best defensive skill in Pokemon Unite, with the capability of stopping several opponents to score. Are these changes enough to debunk Snorlax from the S-tier?
- Heavy Slam:
Damage dealt to opposing Pokemon decreased.
- Block: Duration of effects on opposing Pokemon decreased.
- Flail: Movement Upgrade
- Unite Move, Power Nap: HP restoration decreased.
Greninja - While they decreased the cooldown of two abilities, smokescreen is nerfed, reducing viability
- Smokescreen: Move Downgrade and Cooldown lengthened.
- Water Shuriken: Cooldown reduced and Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon increased.
- Double Team: Cooldown reduced.
These characters just received an adjustment to fix bugs in their skills.
- Unite Move: Starlight Recital Bug fixes
- Basic Attack: Bug fixes
- Snow Warning: Bug fixes
- Aurora Veil: Bug fixes
- Basic Attack: Bug fixes
- Psychic: Bug Fixes
- Hurricane: bug fixes
These are the first adjustments to the items repertoire. It is not crazy to say that 90% of players use the Ejection Button; the item that provides a dash every 55 seconds.
Consequently, Pokemon Unite decided to make some changes:
- Ejection Button: Stats decreased
- Goal Getter (Buff for scoring): Stats increased
- Fluffy Tail (Jungler buff): Stats increased
Avalugg Nerf, Zapdos untouched?
Avalugg is a wild Pokemon that provides shield to bases on Quick Battles. The game mode with 5 minutes duration and matches 3v3 or 4v4. They have reduce its stats.
In the most controversial decision of this update, they decided to Nerf Avalugg but Zapdos is left untouched. This is despite of the community being very vocal that the legendary Bird is the most decisive objective in the match.
Teams can throw the entire game and still win, as long they secure Zapdos.
New Pokemon: Blissey
Blissey is available as part of this upgrade; with a kit that looks very good. You can purchase this Pokemon for 8000 Aeos Coins or 460 Aeos Gems.
It's time for a new meta in Pokemon Unite.