Pokemon Unite has been receiving a lot attention from gamers. Here's more details for the newest iteration of the Pokemon universe.
It's worth noting that that types like grass, fire, water, and dark have no strengths or weaknesses in the arena. In other terms, there is no elemental advantage. You can bring your Venusaur to battle without worrying if they have a fire Pokemon like Charizard.
Here's the roster of Pokemon available when the game launches this July 21th .
Pokemon are categorized into several unique roles. As most MOBAs, Pokemon Unite will classify their characters in distinctive roles: attacker, defender, speedster, supporter, and all around.
They have low endurance and excel at dealing heavy ranged damage to opponents.
- Pikachu (Ranged) Difficulty: Beginner, excels at attacking opponents from far away with electricity. Sometimes the attacks even leave opposing Pokemon paralyzed.
Unit Move: “Thunderstorm”, an attack that blasts all surrounding opposing Pokemon with powerful lightning.
- Greninja (Ranged) Difficulty: Expert, uses smokescreens and illusory copies of itself to hide.
Unit Move: “Waterburst Shuriken”, an attack in which Greninja deals massive damage to opponents by throwing a huge water shuriken down on them from above.
Evolution: Froakie Lvl 1 - Frogradier Lvl 5 - Greninja Lvl 7
- Venusaur (Ranged) Difficulty: Intermediate, attacker that can deal a huge amount of damage to its opponents, even from far away.
Unit Move: “Verdant Anger”, an attack that shoots out a powerful seed bomb that scatters and damages Pokemon all around.
Evolution: Bulbasaur Lvl 1 - Ivysaur Lvl 5 - Venusaur Lvl 9
- Alolan Ninetales (Ranged) Difficulty: Intermediate, this Pokemon uses moves that freeze its opponents in ice, making them unable to move or attack.
Unit Move: “Snow Globe”, an attack in which it creates a blizzard around itself to freeze its opponents.
Evolution: Alolan Vulpix Lvl1 - Alolan Ninetales Lvl 4
- Kramorant (Ranged) Difficulty: Expert, Kramorat attack by spitting out prey it catches with Dive. His attack can also splash and has crowd control.
Unit Move: “Gatling Gulp Missile”, is another of Kramorant’s specialties. It shoots out a flurry of Gulp Missiles at any opposing Pokemon that approach.
- Cinderace (Ranged) Difficulty: Beginner, he has great damage with fast speed.
Unit Move: “Blazing Bicycle Kick”, an attack in which Cinderace kicks a giant ball of fire at its opponents, dealing massive damage.
Evolution: Scorbunny Lvl 1 - Raboot Lvl 5 - Cinderace Lvl 7
These have high endurance and excel at protecting allies and hindering opponents.
- Snorlax (Melee) Difficulty: Beginner, can take a lot of hits. It’s a dependable Pokemon that can protect its allies from harm.
Unit Move: Power Nap, an attack in which Snorlax nods off and can roll around in its sleep to attack its opponents.
- Crustle (Ranged) Difficulty: Beginner, hinders its opponents using many different moves.
Unit Move: “Rubble Rouser”, Crustle covers itself in a swirl of rocks and keeps its opponents from getting anywhere near it.
Evolution: Dwebble Lvl 1- Crustle Lvl 4 nm
- SlowBro (Ranged) Difficulty: Intermediate, high defense and blissful unawareness, Slowbro is unfazed by opponents’ attacks. He has AoE crowd control abilities.
Unit Move: “Slowbeam”, which locks opponents in place. However, Slowbro itself also becomes unable to move, so it’s best to have some backup from allies.
Evolution: Slowpoke Lvl 1- Slowbro Lvl 4
These characters have high Mobility and Offense and excel at making quick attacks and scoring points.
- Zeraora (Melee) Difficulty: Expert, can close the distance between itself and its opponents as fast as lightning, dealing massive amounts of damage all at once.
Unit Move: “Plasma Gale”, sends out a powerful electric blast that creates a field of lightning around the area where the blast hits.
- Talonflame (Melee) Difficulty: Beginner, Talonflame toys with the opposing team by using its moves to quickly maneuver itself and fly over obstacles.
Unit Move: “Flame Sweep", an attack in which Talonflame charges forward over a long distance while cloaked in flame, shoving its opponents aside.
Evolution: Fletchling Lvl 1 - Fletchinder Lvl 5 - Talonflame Lvl7
- Absol (Melee) Difficulty: Expert, close the distance in an instant and deal massive amounts of damage.
Unit Move: “Midnight Slash”, is an attack in which Absol slashes and throws opposing Pokemon while dealing great damage to them.
- Gengar (Melee) Difficulty: Expert, Pokemon that lurks in the shadows, is a master of surprise attacks.
Unit Move: “Phantom Ambush” turns invisible and can sneak up behind his opponents.
Evolution: Gastly Lvl1 - Haunter Lvl5 - Gengar Lvl 9
They provide team support by inflicting status conditions on opponents and by healing allies.
- Eldegoss (Ranged) Difficulty: Beginner, supporter that can restore its allies’ HP and boost their movement speed.
Unit Move: “Cotton Cloud Crash”, an attack that lifts Eldegoss into the air to slam down onto the ground, restoring HP to allies and dealing damage to opposing Pokemon.
Evolution: Gossifleu Lvl1 - Eldegoss Lvl 4
- Mr. Mime (Melee) Difficulty: Intermediate , specializes in hindering opposing Pokemon with its tricky moves.
Unit Move: "Showtime", is a mysterious pantomime that stuns opponents in the area around it.
- WigglyTuff (Ranged) Difficulty: Intermediate ,learns lots of moves that can stop opponents in their tracks, making it well-suited to using teamwork tactics with its allies in battle.
Unit Move: "Starlight Recital", provides protection to Wigglytuff and its nearby allies. Evolution: Jigglypuff Lvl1 - Wigglytuff Lvl 4
They have balanced offense and endurance and are highly tenacious fighters.
- Charizard (Melee) Difficulty: Beginner, as a “Charmander” is not very reliable but once evolved into “Charizard” it can use its powerful moves to attack and deal damage over a wide area.
Unit Move: "Seismic Slam", an attack in which Charizard aims for and grabs one opposing Pokemon before bringing it up into the air and slamming it down to the ground.
Evolution: Charmander Lvl 1 - Charmeleon Lvl 4 - Charizard Lvl 9
- Lucario (Melee) Difficulty: Expert ,well-balanced Pokemon that combines speed and attack power.
Unit Move: “Aura Cannon”, a move that sends out an aura blast that deals massive damage to opponents.
- Machamp (Melee) Difficulty: Intermediate,the melee combat specialist, powered by its strong fighting moves.
Unit Move: “Barrage Blow”, is an attack in which Machamp rushes forward and unleashes a combo attack on opponents in front of it.
Evolution: Machop Lvl 1 - Machoke Lvl 5 - Machamp Lvl 9
- Garchomp (Melee) Difficulty: Intermediate, due to his rough skin sometimes can cause damage back to Pokemon that hit him. Using dig Garchomp sneak attacks his opponents from underground.
Unit Move: “Livid Outrage”, an attack in which Garchomp gives into its furious rage and attacks its opponents.
Evolution: Gible Lvl1 - Gabite Lvl 6 - Garchomp Lvl 10
We can't wait for full-steam Pokemon action! For now, stay tuned for more updates.