The NHL 22 January Title Update 1.32 is right around the corner, and some awesome new additions are in store, including playable IIHF Women's national teams for the first time ever, as well as the IIHF Men's World Championship teams.
Here's everything we know so far about the NHL 22 January Title Update and when it will finally arrive for players.
NHL 22 Update 1.32 will go live for players on Wednesday, January 27th.
We don't have an official release time just yet, but stay tuned as we cover all the latest announcements from EA.
After a long wait, EA has finally revealed the official NHL 22 Update 1.32 patch notes. Some changes may arrive between now and launch time, however.
- International ruleset gamestyle tuning
- Blocked passes stat tracking fix
- Disabled manual one timer when celebrating after a goal
- Fixed a few cases where hits were not resulting in interference calls
- Fixed various interception animations where the puck was able to go under the stick since it wasn't flush to the ice
- Fixed a couple cases where the puck was slipping underneath players unintentionally when performing a diving poke-check
- Various stick in physics improvements
- Improved goalie post behavior when the puck is near side of the net and at sharp angles
- Improved goalie puck tracking when the puck is behind the net
- Tuned defensive deflections to stop/take off more speed more consistently
- X-factor ability indicator active and used state tuning
World of Chel
- Added additional content into WoC for upcoming Chel challenges. Check back often to collect the latest cool new content.
- Fixed several issues where text color was not visible against the background
- Fixed an issue where opening and closing Accessibility options would briefly show the World of Chel hub tabs during the post matchup dressing room
- Fixed an issue where clubs info would be shown during the loading screen for Drop-in games
- Fix for when a team has the 1st overall pick on the trade block after winning the Draft Lottery and a Franchise potential player is available
- Fix for the contract expiry status not updating on the contract offer overlay when changing the Years offered
- Fix for when scouts not appearing correctly when viewing their scout card or offering a contract
- Misc UI fixes
Be A Pro
- Fix for the Be a Pro player's jersey number not updating right away when switching the preferred jersey number
- Fix for Franchise & BAP files not saving when over the max file size for the PlayStation®4 console
- Fix for not being able to use numbers when naming roster files
- Added the ability to edit the Shoot/Pass bias attribute for existing real life players
Hockey Ultimate Team
- Fixed an issue in HUT Rush where user was not able to see points awarded for scoring a goal
- Various fixes to Hockey Roots item assets
- Various UI fixes
Updated the following Center Ice layouts
- Updated Chicago Blackhawks United Center logo
- Updated Minnesota Wild Xcel Energy Center text to be black not green
- Updated Wichita Thunder (ECHL) Center Ice design
- Added Goalie Set True L12.2
- Added Player Gloves Bauer Vapor 2X Pro
- Added Player Skates CCM Jetspeed FT4
- Added Player Stick CCM Jetspeed FT4
- Added Player Stick CCM RibcorTrigger 6 Pro
- Added Player Stick CCM Super Tacks AS4
The following uniforms have been added or updated in NHL 22
- Minnesota Wild Winter Classic
- New Jersey Devils Alternate
- Pittsburgh Penguins Alternate
- St. Louis Blues Winter Classic
- San Diego Gulls Alternate
- Utah Grizzlies Alternate
Canadian Hockey League
- Red Deer Rebels Alternate
- Vancouver Giants Alternate
- Tampareen Ilves Home and Away
- Jyväskylä JYP Home and Away
- KalPa Kuopio Home and Away
- Lahtden Pelicans Home, Away and Alternate
- Tappara Tampere Home and Away
- TPS Turku Home and Away
- Vaasan Sport Home and Away
- EHC Biel Home and Away
- EV Zug Home and Away
- Geneve-Servette Home and Away
- HC Ambri Piotta Home and Away
- HC Davos Home and Away
- HC Fribourg-Gotteron Home and Away
- HC Lugano Home and Away
- Lausanne HC Home and Away
- Rapperswil-Jona Lakers Home and Away
- SC Bern Home and Away
- SCL Tigers Home and Away
- ZSC Lions Home and Away
- Djurgarden IF Alternate
- Farjestad BK Home and Away
- IK Oskarshamn Home and Away
- Linkoping HC Home and Away
- Orebro HK Home, Away and Alternate
- Rogle BK Home and Away
- Timra IK Home and Away
- AIK Home and Away
- Almtuna IS Home and Away
- BIK Karlskoga Home and Away
- HC Vita Hasten Home and Away
- HV71 Home and Away
- IF Bjorkloven Home and Away
- IF Troja-Ljungby Home and Away
- Kristianstads IK Home and Away
- MODO Hockey Home and Away
- Mora IK Home and Away
- Sodertalje SK Home and Away
- Tingsryds AIF Home and Away
- Vasteras IK Home and Away
- Vasterviks IK Home and Away
- Updated Vancouver Canucks Rogers Arena Murals
- Added Kraken 32 banner to Seattle Kraken’s Climate Pledge Arena
NHL 22 Update will finally add Women's IIHF Teams
NHL 22 made major waves late last year when EA announced a partnership with IIHF and the impending arrival of Men's, Women's, and Junior National Teams.
While some parts of that content have already arrived, the Women's Teams were revealed as coming in "early 2022."
EA is certainly keeping to this timeline, dropping playable teams in the January Title Update, Version 1.32!
The IIHF Men's World Championships aren't actually set to begin until May 2022, with the Women's World Championship scheduled even further out to begin in August 2022.
The World Junior Championship was actually set to begin recently, but a handful of positive COVID tests caused teams to forfeit, and IIHF decided to cancel the tournament entirely due to the ongoing global pandemic.
There's still a plethora of IIHF content expected to hit NHL 22 this year, and this should just be the beginning.
Bug fixes we hope to see in Update 1.32
NHL 22 has already been out for a few months now, but there are still some major in-game issues that need to be remedied.
While we now have some patch notes for the January Title Update, we still hope to see some of the following problems addressed as late additions to NHL 22 Update 1.32.
One user discovered significant issues with HUT Rush where goals aren't registering, and another chimed in to say the same issue has been happening to them intermittently and others have also faced the problem.
Franchise Mode is always a fan favorite, but multiple players are seeing the entire mode consistently crash on them and ruin their hard work as a result.
Multiple users are also reporting issues when starting offline games where the screen goes black as the game starts, something potentially linked to an issue occurring for players who enable HDR while playing.
As EA continues to evolve NHL 22, we can only hope these bugs and more are addressed sooner than later.