NBA 2K21 has released Next-Gen Update 1.08, and patch notes reveal they're bringing some important MyTEAM changes while also addressing player likeness and face scans.
Eight different player likenesses were updated on next gen, which may include new face scans, and MyTEAM received several changes and a fix for a specific Unlimited exploit.
Let's take a closer look at NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Update 1.08!
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Update 1.08 Patch Notes
The following changes and updates are now live on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5:
- The following players have received a number of likeness updates:
- Darius Bazley
- Tyler Bey
- Hamidou Diallo
- Jahmi’us Ramsey
- Domantas Sabonis
- Luka Samanic
- Landry Shamet
- Rayjon Tucker
- Resolved a rare issue in MyNBA when starting a save from the offseason
- Resolved reported menu issues with the Mystery tier in Domination
- Duplicated Attribute Boosts for Triangle and Post Coaches have been removed
- Addressed a Win/Loss exploit in Unlimited and other multiplayer modes
- Made visual improvements to Dark Matter in certain menus
- Resolved an issue with the Geologist achievement/trophy
- Additional preparations added for future seasons of MyTEAM
NBA 2K21 Face Scans and Player Likeness Improvements
While the players above were noted as having likeness updates in NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Update 1.08, the details of what was changed were left out.
Hopefully, these improvements include new face scans for the players, but changes could've also been made to tattoos and other small details.
While not uncommon throughout the season, NBA 2K21 has gotten better about making these changes, and this could also include prep work for NBA 2K22 which is due to be released later this year.