Another update has landed in NBA 2K21.
The third patch update of the Next Gen era has arrived, and it looks set to have a huge impact on the basketball sim.
Here is everything you need to know.
Next Gen Patch Update #3
The Next Gen version of NBA 2K21 hasn't been live for long, but 2K Sports have wasted no time in ensuring that it is as good as it can possibly be.
There is plenty to run through in today's update, let's get started.
There are a few bits and bobs that needed straightening out.
Court floors and uniforms have been updated for a number of clubs. The full list can be found below.
Court floor updates have been made for:
- Philadelphia 76ers Primary
- Philadelphia 76ers City Court
- Utah Jazz City Court
- Brooklyn Nets City Court
- Denver Nuggets Statement Court
- Denver Nuggets City Court
Meanwhile, uniform updates have been applied to the following.
- Philadelphia 76ers (updated City uniform)
- Chicago Bulls (updated City uniform)
- New York Knicks (updated City uniform)
- Cleveland Cavaliers (updated City uniform)
- New Orleans Pelicans (updated sponsor logo)
- Los Angeles Clippers (updated sponsor logo)
- Boston Celtics (updated sponsor logo)
- Brooklyn Nets (updated sponsor logo)
- Denver Nuggets (updated sponsor logo)
- Los Angeles Lakers (updated sponsor logo)
- Washington Wizards (updated sponsor logo)
Alongside this, a large number of players have received likeness and/or signature facial animation updates.
The full list is as follows.
- Paul George
- DeMar DeRozan
- Bradley Beal
- Kemba Walker
- Draymond Green
- Rudy Gobert
- Ben Simmons
- Hassan Whiteside
- Robin Lopez
- Steven Adams
- Isaac Okoro
- Kelly Oubre Jr.
- Cassius Stanley
- Richaun Holmes
- Precious Achiuwa
- Josh Green
- Aaron Nesmith
- Tariq Owens
- Edmond Sumner
- Jalen Smith
- Kira Lewis Jr.
- Saddiq Bey
- Steve Novak
- Kelenna Azubuike
- Devin Vassell
- Chimezie Metu
- Alen Smailagic
- Naz Reid
- Zylan Cheatham
Plenty of changes have been made to the gameplay side of the 2K title too.
- Tightened up charge and block collision animations to prevent unwanted sliding
- CPU defenders will now properly recognize the direction of a screen even after it has been flipped
- Smaller “green release” windows on heavily contested shots
- Fixed an issue with double-teams that was being used as an exploit
- Adjusted breakout time of in-game emotes to prevent unrealistic movement
- Corrected an issue with play graphics where the line for the pass would begin at MyPLAYER, even if they did not have the ball
- Resolved an issue with certain settings sometimes getting reset when entering and exiting the menu when in a game
- You are now able to change the Tempo and Rebound settings when you toggle the ACE manager ON/OFF
- Players will no longer be able to move unrealistically while defending inbound passes during Garage Hoops games
The City may not be the most popular area within NBA 2K21, but it will be soon!
Why is that you ask? Because Christmas is coming!
- The City is being decked out for the holidays! Coming Tuesday at 8AM PST!
- Continued optimization and refinements to performance in the City
- Various improvements and enhancements to buildings/objects/landscapes/lighting in the City
- Further improvements have been made to invites and joining friends in the City
- Streamlined the process of entering a store when you have a ball or vehicle equipped
- The try-on feature should now properly work for the various standalone stores throughout the City
- The Rep multiplier will now correctly appear in the postgame recap
- Corrected an issue where the VC balance would not update immediately upon earning in various City events
- Continued enhancements to the Puma Mania, Mobil 1, Kia Challenge, and Wacky Wednesday events
- Fixed an issue in the postgame recap where overall rating was not correctly showing the tenths of a point (it would appear stuck at 99.0)
- Addressed user-reported issues with Garage Hoops games and related flow
- Added collision to the baskets in Warehouse Challenge games for players running underneath
- Resolved an issue where the timer/counter would sometimes not track during workouts in the Gatorade Training Facility
- Corrected some visual issues when using the subway
- You are no longer able to enter and purchase items at stores for Affiliations you do not belong to
MyCAREER & MyTEAM
The final of the key changes come within MyCAREER and MyTEAM.
Here is what's happening.
- Continued improvements to arena personnel positioning and behavior during postgame events, particularly in relation to on-court interviews
- Your MyPLAYER’s body type will now properly be kept individually per save
- Addressed an issue with the saved camera setting being reset after the pregame shootaround in MyCAREER games
- You can now skip through the animation of your MyPLAYER walking back to the bench after being subbed out
- Resolved a rare issue where newly applied tattoos could disappear when changing your MyPLAYER’s appearance
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur in the Jump Shot Creator menu when customizing your shot
- Fixed an issue where your difficulty could be reset after participating in a training session with Chris Brickley
- Addressed a logic error in The Long Shadow when determining if your performance was good or bad in the Combine and Private NBA Team Workout
- Corrected a situation in the Dunk Contest where the Round Recap overlay could stay on the screen for too long, obscuring the following dunk
- Added Online VS, the difficulty used in both MyTEAM Limited & Unlimited, to Play With Friends games
- The camera will now be positioned properly when a shooting foul is called during Triple Threat Challenge games
- A number of under-the-hood support items have been added in preparation for upcoming MyTEAM Seasons.
Find out more
Head over to the official 2K website to find out more about Next Gen Update #3