NBA 2K have listened to reviews of the MyGM in 2K19 which was very hit and miss. They will be completely revamping it with the new name of MyGM 2.0.
Since its initial release in 2K14, MyGM has become very stale and mundane. 2K's first attempt of revitalizing the series has not been as successful as they expected. The sandbox feel of MyLEAGUE has been more popular in recent years making it the preferred choice for many gamers.
This has led to an overhaul in the game mode hence the rename of the game mode. The developers have really aimed to make each decision have a purpose in the journey you take as a GM
Here are the brand new features in MyGM 2.0:
The 'devs' have completely re-designed the the navigation menus and overview of the game mode. As well as adding Action Points (AP), their purpose is to drive interactions and conscious decision making.
Engaging in 'Chit chat' with players, staff or the owner will now cost AP alongside making trades, etc.
The purpose is to make more meaningful choices, wrong decisions may prohibit you from communicating the way a real GM would.
Different difficulties will offer different amounts of AP per day, so all fans can feel the thrill that makes decision-making seem fun rather than stifling.
Scoreboards and leaderboards
The harder the difficulty, the longer the scoring period is and the fewer AP you’ll get per day. Generally, most of the actions you take will fall under two categories:
· Things that help improve your team will earn you experience.
· Things that help show off your prowess as a GM will earn you score
Every time you prove that you’re a great GM, you will earn points. These are generally represented by winning games, making the playoffs, or having players win various awards.
2K Developers have now made MyGM 2.0 global. Scoreboards and leaderboards can be compared to players across the world. It’s not just about taking your team to the top, now the name of the game is to do it with flawless efficiency.
You can use the leaderboards to compare how well you are doing with others and see where you may fail and then look to improve.
Skills - The Skill Tree
MyGM 2.0 features a brand new skill tree. You can pick your general style to start with at level one, then you can move along any of the starting five trees or to any adjacent skills.
Here’s an overview of the five trees:
Leadership (L) – A man of the locker room, a leadership-focused GM is better able to build the trust of those around them, gain boosts for playing games, and lower trust loss in press conferences.
· Diplomacy (D) – A way with words, a diplomatic GM can build trust by having chit chats with several different groups, can help improve revenue and help sign more big name free agents.
· Insight (I) – A deep sense of understanding, an insightful GM can understand what affects the mood and trust of those around him, access the trade finder, or improve scouting.
· Finance (F) – An eye for the bottom line, a financial GM can improve revenue, sign players for less and gain additional sponsorship slots.
· Facilities (FC) – A man with the plan, a facility-oriented GM can choose from a specialty facility for a permanent boost to one of five areas, can help boost players on gameday or turn high attendance into improved relations with sponsors.
New task system
Previously, tasks were given out by the Owner. Now, anybody within the organisation can set you a task.
2K developers have incorporated the day-to-day tasks real GM's have to face, whether tasks are set by players, staff or even the governor.
The 'Devs' believe you shouldn’t be able to just turn on the autopilot and complete all goals as delivered; you’ll have to use a discerning eye to figure out which goals actively help the team, which ones are suboptimal but worth the relationship boost for completing and which ones you’ll simply have to salvage.
NBA 2K had player cards and team cards for years; now they have added staff cards. Simply, they carry over a lot of the information you expect, but now we conveniently group everything into one location.
The idea is to make accessing staff information easier when hiring during the off season.
Instead of guessing how well they may do based on their grades, you can now see based on performance and other factors.
For more updates on all NBA 2K20 news click here.