The final MLB The Show 21 Roster Update has now arrived, and that means one last adjustment for Diamond Dynasty ratings based on real-world performance.
We've got all the details on the big names on the rise as the 2021 MLB season wraps up and who took a dive in MLB The Show 21 with this Roster Update.
MLB The Show 21 Roster Update: Final Ratings give a boost to Freeman, Mookie, more
MLB The Show 21 has consistently delivered a biweekly roster update for some time since launching in April, though they did change up that frequency in the last few months.
As the MLB season started winding down, Sony San Diego gave a little extra time in the last few roster updates, and the length between the final regular season update and this truly final ratings shift was likely the longest between updates since launch.
The MLB Postseason was hotly contested this year, and while the Braves may have dominated in the final game of the year, the Postseason was full of other teams proving themselves better than Sony San Diego had previously felt.
In addition to the roster update arriving today, MLB The Show 21 is now one week out from the launch of the 9th Inning Program, and that means players have just seven days left to finish earning XP and rewards in the 8th Inning Program.
Top 25 Diamond Dynasty Ratings Changes
With a full MLB Postseason to take into account, we saw changes for much more than just the World Series Champion Atlanta Braves.
While the Houston Astros couldn't find their way to a win at the end, they still got further than all but one other team, and as such many of their own are on the rise this time.
Dozens of players find themselves going up in this final MLB The Show 21 Roster Update, including these top 25 players:
- Freddie Freeman, 92 OVR (+4), Atlanta Braves
- Mookie Betts, 92 OVR (+3), Los Angeles Dodgers
- Corbin Burnes, 91 OVR (+1), Milwaukee Brewers
- Luis Robert, 90 OVR (+2), Chicago White Sox
- Buster Posey, 89 OVR (+2), San Francisco Giants
- Kyle Tucker, 89 OVR (+3), Houston Astros
- Jose Altuve, 88 OVR (+2), Houston Astros
- Rafael Devers, 86 OVR (+4), Boston Red Sox [
- Kike Hernandez, 86 OVR (+8), Boston Red Sox
- Will Smith, 86 OVR (+2), Los Angeles Dodgers
- Giancarlo Stanton, 86 OVR (+1), New York Yankees
- Eddie Rosario, 85 OVR (+7), Atlanta Braves
- Kenley Jansen, 85 OVR (+5), Los Angeles
- Ryan Pressly, 85 OVR (+4), Houston Astros
- Giovanny Gallegos, 85 OVR (+1), St. Louis Cardinals
- Adam Duvall, 84 OVR (+3), Atlanta Braves
- A.J. Pollock, 84 OVR (+3), Los Angeles Dodgers
- Logan Webb, 84 OVR (+5), San Francisco Giants
- Charlie Morton, 84 OVR (+1), Atlanta Braves
- Jose Abreu, 84 OVR (+2), Chicago White Sox
- Tim Anderson, 84 OVR (+1), Chicago White Sox
- Wander Franco, 84 OVR (+3), Tampa Bay Rays
- Yuli Gurriel, 84 OVR (+1), Houston Astros
- Xander Bogaerts, 83 OVR (+2), Boston Red Sox
- Ryan Tepera, 83 OVR (+1), Chicago White Sox
Meanwhile, Sony San Diego is bringing a plethora of new events to MLB The Show 21 this November, and our full events schedule outlines everything you can look forward to.