There's a new Valorant patch out in the wild and it adds a few key changes to how the game will respond to negative behaviour from its players!
Check out everything included in Valorant version 2.05 below.
Valorant 2.05 Patch Notes Highlights
In an effort to keep things simple for people at a glance, Riot Games has highlighted a few key features of its new Valorant update to keep an eye out for when you log back into the game.
READ MORE: Is Valorant Down? Keep Updated Here
There's going to be progressive penalties for in-game chat-based offences going forward and an alteration to AFK Detection.
In addition to this, you can't actually queue for Competitive games if you're comms restricted going forward!
For a complete run-down, take a look at what else is coming in the new Valorant patch below.
It might not be worth writing home about but there is going to be two updates for a couple of Valorant Agents in this new patch.
New Agent Astra and Sova are both getting "unique keybinds" added to their respective options menus for their flight-based abilities.
This means you can customise your keybinds for Sova's Owl Drone and Astra's Astral Form going forward!
There are a few small updates to Valorant's competitive modes. Primarily they consist of small bug fixes and visual upgrades.
Below, you can see what's on the way in Valorant's new patch:
The Career: Act Rank tab now has a toggle that allows you to choose to enable or disable your Act Rank
- The default is on, but if you don’t want to flex your skills, you can always turn it off
- The Match History tab now allows you to filter your matches per mode
- We know sometimes you just want to look at your Competitive matches
- Players will receive a small rank rating penalty for dodging Competitive games.
- Tuned Radiant Rank Rating gains and losses to be more consistent with Immortal rank rating behaviour
- Custom Games layout and visuals have been updated
This is the part that might affect you a little more. Riot Games have stuck to their promise of updating their "penalties" for various AFK offences and chat-based issues.
You can find a full list of what's been added below and expect these to be improved upon further in the next title update.
- Improved AFK Detection
- Updated Penalties for AFK offences
- This includes warnings, queue restrictions, XP denial, Competitive queue bans, and game bans
- Updated Penalties for chat-based offences
- This includes warnings, chat restrictions, Competitive queue restrictions, and game bans
- A reminder that zero-tolerance offences will result in game bans automatically
For the rest of the new Valorant 2.05 Patch, it's a standard batch of bug fixes.
We're listing them below so you can see if there's anything they missed out of the update!
- Fixed a bug where Ranked game icons were misaligned in Match History
- Astra now starts Spike Rush games with all 5-star charges
- Killjoy can’t place Lockdown off the ground by jumping and placing it on cosmetic pieces of geo on the walls anymore
- Fixed issue where Cypher’s Spycam dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Fixed dead enemies being counted as flashed enemies in the combat report
- Fixed Astra’s “Out of charges” VO not playing for her abilities while in Astral Form
- Fixed the deafening effect on nearsights not playing if Astra is in the game
- Fixed Cypher’s Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall
- Fixed Astra having trouble placing Stars on the defender side boxes of Icebox mid from the A site
READ MORE: Everything Added To Valorant In Version 2.04
- Sova Drone and Astra ascend/descend binds now properly respect changed jump/crouch keybinds
- The defuse range circle indicator that shows after planting the Spike again displays properly.
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Astra's astral form, Sova's drone, Skye's scout, or Cypher's Spy Camera.
- We previously addressed some causes of this bug last patch, this fix should address the remaining known causes.
- Fixed an issue where the Stinger’s stock would appear detached on the ground
- Improved readability of player names in Observer
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s seekers did not visibly move on Brimstone’s tactical map
- Fixed an issue where scoreboard colour doesn’t appropriately swap at side swap for Observers
- Fixed a bug that would cause the "Network Problem" icon to appear when no network issues were present
For all the Patch Notes from Riot Games themselves, you can find them on the PlayValorant website here.