Bloober Team's The Medium has just received it's 1.1 Update!
The Medium is a psychological horror game that's exclusive to Xbox Series X|S consoles and available via Steam, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about a lot.
It renders two different in-game levels at once and features a unique "dual reality" system that makes it stand out from the crowd.
Now, not even a month after launch, it's getting its' first update. Here's everything we know about The Medium 1.1 Update.
From looking over the Patch Notes, it seems as if the main updates coming to The Medium in the 1.1 Update are all based around performance.
READ MORE: The Medium Review: Is It Worth Your Time?
Bloober Team has highlighted several crashes and lighting issues that are going to be addressed in this update.
As a horror title, lighting is a vital part of immersion and enhancing the player's experience.
The Medium's Patch Notes can be found via the game's Steam Page.
Below, we are listing all the changes for you to look over:
- Performance Optimisation across the whole game;
- Eliminated gameplay bugs in various locations;
- Eliminated known game crashes;
- Eliminated game bugs reported by the community;
- Graphical bug fixes across the whole game;
- Improvements in camera operation and settings;
- Scene lighting fixes in various locations;
- Fixes for reported crash issues when loading saves;
- Improvements in interactions with in-game events and characters across the whole game;
- Raytracing optimizations across the whole game;
- Game sound fixes;
With bug fixing and optimisation at the forefront of this update, it seems like The Medium should run smoother with fewer issues after this title update.
Here's the official description on The Medium, if you're interested in playing it...
" Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Travel to an abandoned communist resort and use your unique psychic abilities to uncover its deeply disturbing secrets, solve dual-reality puzzles, survive encounters with sinister spirits, and explore two realities at the same time."
READ MORE: Is The Medium Coming To PS5?
Do you think it is enough? Are there any glaring issues that are yet to be resolved?