Square Enix's Outriders is getting a demo? Here's everything we know following their sudden, cryptic announcement.
It all started when the official Outriders Twitter account tweeted out the following...
What followed was a twenty-tweet thread that has everything you need to know about the Outriders Demo. We've got all that information for you below.
Outriders Demo Information
Below, we're going to list the Outriders Demo information that was dropped today.
Thankfully, this clears up quite a few questions a lot of people had.
- It is a demo and not a beta.
- It will be free to all players and not require any pre-order or -pre-purchase.
- The demo is available in Germany on PlayStation, Xbox and PC (Steam). To download the demo for free on PlayStation you need a PS+ subscription. If you do not have PS+ in Germany, the demo is also available but you will have to undergo the usual age verification process.
- The Demo will release simultaneously worldwide ( see image below ).
- It will be available via PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Steam, Streaming via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
- The download size will be a minimum of 24GB on PC, a minimum of 22GB on consoles.
- Pre-loading won't be available for the demo.
- Crossplay will be available in a beta form that requires manual enabling via settings in-game.
- Outriders' Discord server has "Looking-For-Group" channels ready to go.
- The demo doesn't have a time limit and is planned to remain available beyond launch.
- The demo includes Outriders' prologue and opening chapter, so expect early-game variants of the gear and enemies.
- The Demo will end with a showdown against Gauss, the first rival Altered you encounter. Side missions will unlock after this to allow for further exploration.
- The Demo includes all four classes and six character slots.
- Character levels are capped at level 7, which will include the 4th skill unlock for the selected class and two skill points.
- You can progress up to World Tier 5, the dynamic difficulty system Outriders is implementing.
- Resources will be capped at a "generous" amount in order to safeguard balancing for when the main game launches.
- The Crafting System is locked until the full release, however, resources can be traded and saved for use within that on launch.
- Save progress transfers from the demo to the full title if it is on the same platform. Epic Games and Steam will not cross-save progression.
- The demo does not feature trophies or achievements, but in-game accolades will transfer over.
- The demo is open to be streamed, but there is a trailer with licensed music once you complete it.
Outriders is a third-person shooter with RPG mechanics that promises to wow it's players with class-based co-operative gameplay.
Will People Can Fly's title suffer the same fate as EA's Anthem, though? It's a risk, but we really hope not because Outriders looks... Insane.
Check out the 2019 E3 Announcement Trailer below: