It's a big week for Valorant and its players. The newly announced YR1 Event Pass is right around the corner, Valorant Mobile has just been announced and now we're getting a new title update in Valorant version 2.11!
Here's everything we know about the update ahead of release.
LATEST - Version 2.11 Patch Notes Are Here
This Valorant update is a little bit of a weird one. Riot Games still hasn't confirmed exactly when the 2.11 Patch is going to be added to the game, but we have the Patch Notes now.
What's interesting is that they're really not that large. Riot Games has stated that this update is "the quiet before the Episode 3 storm", though. So... We're expecting a pretty big update to drop in a couple of weeks.
Anyway, you can check out the Valorant version 2.11 Patch Notes below:
- Added a Leaderboard search bar to help you find players by name
- Replication is back as part of our modes rotation and will replace Escalation for now
- Improved Client framerate by 1% on average for medium to high spec machines by optimizing abilities, equipment, and weapons in your inventory
- Optimized Agent and Environment mesh clipping calculations
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Fixed fonts for various regional languages to improve readability
- Updated ping wheel and radio wheel to ignore non-movement inputs while the wheel is displayed
- Fixed an animation issue with abnormal hand positions while equipping weapons
- Fixed an issue where Reyna couldn’t sell then rebuy Dismiss ability during Buy Phase
- Fixed a bug that was causing an infinite load symbol while viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed several Leaderboard UI bugs.
- In the model viewer, a hitch is caused by the Sharpening setting interacting with MSAA
- If you encounter this, we advise that you toggle off the Sharpening setting until we can ship a fix.
You can find the post from Valorant's Comms Associate, Jeff Landa, here.
What Time Do We Expect It?
At the moment, Riot Games hasn't updated fans about Valorant version 2.11 any more than offering us the information in the tweet below. We know that it's due on June 8th, but what time should we expect it? If we know what time the update is due to drop, we should be able to guess when to expect more news about it.
Looking at the last title update, Valorant version 2.11 should arrive around 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST / 16:00 BST. This is when Riot Games usually updates Valorant and we are expecting that they keep to this going forwards.
Of course, it's worth taking this with a grain of salt at the moment. All we know so far is that Riot Games are going to update Valorant "around June 8". This could, of course, change.
Version 2.11 Release Date
Riot Games has opted to skip Valorant version 2.10 and introduce us to version 2.11 later next week. This isn't too uncommon in the industry, but it does mean that players are expecting a few big changes to be introduced.
Valorant tweeted out this explanation below:
The word "around" has caused some concern with fans, as you might imagine. However, we're still expecting Valorant version 2.11 to drop on June 8th. As for the specific time, at the moment that's anyone's guess.
Yoru Rework Continues?
Earlier in the year, Yoru was disabled and temporarily removed from the game following technical issues. Riot Games are actively working on reworking the character and they were re-added to Valorant a couple of weeks ago, on May 18th.
This doesn't mean we're not expecting further changes to be introduced to Yoru's build and the other Valorant Agents. You can check out the tweet from Valorant regarding one of the major fixes below:
In addition to further Yoru changes, we're not expecting anything too major to be included in Valorant version 2.11 when it drops.
There's going to be some bug fixes, tweaks to weapon performance and undoubtedly some changes to how the game's systems work. However, these will most likely be minor and we shouldn't see anything too impactful to the overall experience of the game.
At the moment, as we don't know how big the next Valorant update will be. It could be any number of sizes, but we're anticipating it to be less than 1GB in size due to the nature of the Patch Notes.
Take this with a few pinches of salt though as we haven't had any confirmation of this yet. We can't imagine it will be much larger than that, but you never know.
We should see more from Riot Games soon, though. For now, we just have the Patch Notes to tide us over. when the specific launch time is announced alongside the Patch Notes and the update highlights.