A brand new PSVR shooter, Fracked, is coming to PS4 and PS5 in Summer 2021!
Fracked, developed by nDreams promises to be the next step in PSVR shooters with free-traversal, player-driven movement and fast-paced physical action.
Below is everything you need to know about this new, one-of-a-kind PSVR experience.
Fracked Is Cracked
Fracked is the next generation of VR titles and nDreams are committed to making sure it is the best it can be.
" The limitations of on-rails and stationary experiences – we’ve moved beyond this... we set out to create a VR game from the ground up that... seamlessly combining combat and free traversal gameplay..."
Fracked is set in a remote, mountain-side fracking facility that throws you into an action-packed adventure against interdimensional maniacs.
It all sounds as crazy as it looks, but that's the best way to describe it!
Fracked promises to be the best PSVR shooter out there when it launches and we're inclined to agree with the lofty praise it's starting to receive.
Although we don't have a concrete release date for Fracked yet, we do know it is coming in Summer 2021.
This comes not-long after Song in the Smoke was announced for PSVR with a 2021 release window.
Although that might drop a little later, it looks like it'll be a fairly steady period of new releases for PSVR players throughout 2021.
It's worth noting though that this release date, like anything, could be changed as-and-when delays occur.
On top of all this, nDreams Creative Director shared a few other snippets of information with PlayStation Blog readers alongside the announcement.
He fired them off in a bulleted list, so we thought we'd do the same!
- Climbing, Ziplining, Reloading, and all in-world interactions are driven 1:1 by the player's hands with the PS Move controllers;
- Skiing will require you to physically lean to steer and control;
- The combat has been nicknamed "run and cover" and features innovative grapple-able cover systems;
- Arena style combat encounters make the most of the VR's 360-degree potential and verticality is a vital part of these moments;
- Fracked will feature several enhancements on the PS5 with higher resolution and loading times mentioned;
- " We can assure you that it is a complete coincidence that the name sounds a lot like a popular/unpopular profanity."
READ MORE: Doom 3 VR Edition Is Dropping March 2021!
Fracked is launching exclusively on PSVR systems in Summer 2021. Expect more information about it from PlayStation and nDreams in the coming months!