We're still waiting for Diablo Immortal but there's another huge Diablo event going on today. Diablo 3 Season 23 is almost here!
We're going to countdown to release with all the information you need about the next season in Blizzard's iconic RPG.
READ MORE: Diablo 3 Season 23 Best Build and Tier List
LATEST - Follower Gear Updates
We know that the Follower System is getting overhauled in Diablo 3 Season 23, but what does this actually mean?
Well, one thing that's being added is Item Slots for Followers!
READ MORE: Daily Xbox News And Series X Stock Updates
You can add and equip up to fourteen items to your followers and if the items have Emanate, you can get all the bonus effects from them even when you're not wearing them!
These items are:
- Follower Relic Item,
- Helm, Shoulders,
- Chest, Gloves,
- 2 Rings,
- Main-Hand Weapon,
- And Off-hHnd.
New Boss Inbound?
Earlier today, Diablo shared a new Tweet that hints at one of the new bosses in Diablo 3 Season 23.
WIRT, from Diablo II, is back and he's after whoever copped his leg. Apparently, that's a pretty scummy thing to do! Who knew?
We are still looking forward to a lot more information about what Diablo 3 Season 23 has in store narratively, but this is a fantastic teaser.
Release Date & Summary
The new Diablo 3 season, Season 23, is due to start very soon. Following on from the Patch 2.7.0 title update, Diablo 3 Season 23 should start on April 2nd at 17:00 PST / 20:00 EST / and 00:00 GMT on April 3rd.
The new season brings a complete overhaul of the Followers subsystems and a new theme which has been hinted at below:
" Kormac, Lyndon, and Eirena have long been studying and observing the Nephalem, learning from the best how to conquer darkness. Now the Disciples of Sanctuary are ready to take their place among legends, equip wondrous items and emanate their inner power to aid in the fight against the minions of hell...."
READ MORE: Diablo 2 Resurrected Remake Details Revealed
The Diablo 3 blog post detailing the event has more information about what to expect from it, although a lot of the narrative details remain a mystery ahead of Season 23 starting tomorrow.
Patch 2.7.0 Details
With just over a day until launch, Blizzard has actually introduced all of the changes and new content updates in the Patch 2.7.0 download you should be prompted to complete on BattleNet.
Of course, nothing is actually live in-game just yet but this early update means that the new Diablo 3 season can commence at the start time detailed above without a hitch.
It also means that you shouldn't need to wait if you're eager to jump into the new content! The download is available now in preparation for tomorrow.
Season 23 Rewards
Much like last season, there are a few returning rewards that can be earned again in the new Diablo 3 season if you missed them the first time around.
READ MORE: Diablo 4: Everything You Need To Know
The Emerald Dragon, Conqueror Pants, Conqueror Boots, and Treasure Goblins portraits from Season 11 are coming back. You can check them out below:
In addition to this, the Lacuni Cub pet and Chopping Block portrait (which you can see earlier in the article) will both be unlockable throughout Season 23 if you can "prove your worth with The Disciples of Sanctuary" in the Guardian Journey this season.
You can also complete the following challenges to earn up to five more stash tabs for Diablo 3 in Season 23:
- Far Away: Kill the Siegebreaker Assault Beast at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment X difficulty.
- Money Ain't a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment X difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed's domain, The Vault.
- A Little More: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo.
- 4 Minutes to Save the World: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment X difficulty within 4 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
Full Patch Notes
Items with Emanate capabilities:
- Broken Crown
- Homing Pads
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Custerian Wristguards
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gloves of Worship
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Rakoff's Glass of Life
- Avarice Band
- Krede's Flame
- The Flavor of Time
- Sage's Journey (3-piece set bonus)
- Cain's Destiny (3-piece set bonus)
Scoundrel Follower Skills
- Crippling Shot
- Ranged attack that deals 140% weapon damage and slows enemies hit by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Powered Shot
- Ranged attack that explodes on impact, dealing 120% weapon damage as Arcane to enemies within 10 yards and has a 100% chance to Stun enemies for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Whenever you or the Scoundrel land a Critical Hit, you both will go into hysterics, increasing all damage done by 3% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Increases Critical Hit Chance by 1.8% to 4% for you and the Scoundrel based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Multishot Passive
- Passive: The Scoundrel's special attacks have a 50% to 70% chance to fire 3 bolts based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Skill Rework - Vanish
- When you take fatal damage, the Scoundrel conceals you from enemies for 3 to 7 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity, allowing you to escape your death.
- New Skill - Night's Veil
- The Scoundrel launches a cloud that covers a 20-yard area and lasts 2 to 4 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity. All attacks against enemies that are inside the cloud will be critical hits.
- New Skill - Piercing Shot
- Ranged attack that pierces and increases damage done to enemies by 10% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel's Dexterity.
- Removed Skills - Dirty Fighting and Poison Bolts
Templar Follower Skills
- Heal and Loyalty
- These skills now scale based on the Templar’s Strength.
- Enemies that hit or are hit by the Templar are slowed by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- Charges a target, dealing 280% weapon damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- Intervene*Skill Rework - Onslaught
- Taunt enemies within 10 yards of you for 3 to 6 seconds based on Templar's strength when you are hit.
- Delivers a massive blow to an enemy for 800% weapon damage and causes the target and nearby enemies to take 10% increased damage for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar's Strength.
- Skill Rework - Guardian
- When you take fatal damage, the Templar will rush to your aid, knocking back enemies within 15 yards, healing you for 15% to 25% life based on the Templar's Strength, and shielding you from all damage for 5 seconds.
Enchantress Follower Skills
- Conjures a pool of energy that deals 330% weapon damage as Arcane over 5 to 7 seconds based on the Enchantress's Intelligence. Affected enemies will also take 10% increased damage.
- Focused Mind
- A 40-yard aura that increases attack speed for you and the Enchantress by 3% to 6% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- Skill Rework (Renamed from Powered Armor) - Powered Shield
- Reduces damage by 6% from ranged attacks, increases Armor by 3%, and slows melee attackers by 60% for 3 to 6 seconds for you and the Enchantress based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- New Skill - Temporal Pulse
- The Enchantress casts a guided orb that deals 150% weapon damage and slows enemies by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- New Skill - Amplification
- Increases your highest static elemental bonus by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- New Skill - Prophetic Harmony
- Reduce your skills’ Cooldowns by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- New Skill - Fate's Lapse
- When you take fatal damage, the Enchantress empowers you to speed up your movement through time for 3 to 7 seconds to avoid death based on the Enchantress's Intelligence.
- Removed Skills - Forceful Push, Mass Control, Disorient, and Missile Ward
General Item Updates
- Teleport - Adjusted Wizard's Teleport animation speed.
- Land of the Dead - Invigoration skill rune now removes all resource costs.
- Rathma's Shield passive skill now has a 60-second cooldown
- Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your permanent minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 0.50 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.
- Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. You gain a 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.
- Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Each permanent active minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit by 500%, up to 9000%.
- Defiler Cuisses: Bone Spirit's damage is increased by 400% to 500% for every second it is active and will also freeze enemies on impact. Maximum of 5 seconds.
- New item* Bonds of C'Lena: Army of the Dead deals 75% to 100% increased damage or double this bonus against an active target of Command Skeletons.
- Firebird's Finery 2-Piece Set: Disintegrate Ignites enemies, causing them to take 3000% weapon damage per second until they die. When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60-second cooldown.
- Firebird's Finery 4-Piece Set: Casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 2% per stack. Stacks up to 50 times. You gain 80% damage reduction while maintaining Combustion stacks.
- Firebird's Finery 6-Piece Set: You gain 2000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channelling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.
- Gears of Dreadlands 6-Piece Set: Your primary skills deal 15,000% increased damage.
- The Ninth Cirri Satchel: Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450% to 600% increased damage. Hungering Arrow can only pierce up to 4 times.
- Gazing Demise: The damage of Spirit Barrage is increased by 100% to 150%. Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune that lasts twice as long, and the attack rate from Manitou spectres is increased.
- Blackthorne's Jousting Mail: Replaced one minor property with a random elemental damage affix.
Class Set Dungeon Update
- To account for the Necromancer redesign of the Bones of Rathma set, we have updated the objective to "Revive 100 Corpses" from the current "Raise 100 Skeletal Mages".
- Fixed an issue with the legacy version of Etched Sigil buffing unintended effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Follower's cheat death skills activating while the player had a Shield Pylon active.
- Fixed an issue where the Templar would sometimes stop following the player.
- Fixed Revive - Personal Army buff not persisting with Rathma's 4 piece bonus