DOTA 2 7.31, the first major update of 2022, is just hours away! The patch is expected to shake things up as it is a tradition that new mechanics are introduced during the first update each year.
Before yesterday, only a few new changes were confirmed. Last night, however, players were interrupted by the Roar of the Primal Beast in the background of the entrance scene.
Join us as we count down to the upcoming DOTA 2 Patch 7.31 release time and cover all the latest news around the update, including the implications behind the new Primal Beast Easter Egg.
LATEST - DOTA 2 7.31 Patch Notes REVEALED
Before we dive into the full DOTA 2 7.31 patch notes, let's go over some of the biggest highlights.
- Primal Beast will be the next new playable Hero
- New Items added: Boots of Bearing, Wraith Pact, Revenant's Brooch
- New Item reworks: Bloodstone, Orchid Malevolence, Bloodthorn, Ethereal Blade
- New Neutral Creeps: Ancient Ice Shaman, Ancient Frostbitten Golem, Warpine Raider
- Techies Rework: New Abilities including Sticky Bomb & Reactive Tazer
- 122 Heroes to receive buffs and nerfs
To read over all of these massive changes, check them out directly from Valve here!
DOTA 2 7.31 Release Time & Date
DOTA 2 patch 7.31 was expected to go live on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, at 12:00 pm PST.
This breaks down to the following release times:
- February 23, 2022, 3:00 pm EST
- February 23, 2022, 8:00 pm GMT
This time has since passed, however, and Valve has neither released DOTA 2 7.31 nor revealed the update's patch notes.
It seems things have been delayed, and with no comment from Valve on the patch yet, we can only assume things will arrive soon.
Where does the Primal Beast fit in 7.31?
The Primal Beast is the boss of the Second Part of the seasonal event, Aghanim's Labyrinth. The beast is a primordial creature that resembles a Stegosaurus and a Dragon.
The beast can generate quakes, stun enemies, and its signature is the strong roar it emits while attacking.
Last night around 1 am, games were interrupted by a very unusual situation. Teams of both sides were stunned, without apparent reason, to hear just right after the roar of the Primal Beast.
The community interprets the wink just before a major update as the confirmation that the Primal Beast will have significant involvement in the upcoming patch - and this could come in many forms.
Will Primal Beast be the New Hero?
Some people think the Primal Beast will become the new hero, with specific changes to fit in the battle map, considering that some other hero releases have been teased with similar strategies like Phoenix in 6.69 and Sun Wukong 6.79, this theory has some merit, and could be a big surprise in DOTA 2 7.31.
A New Objective Could Be Next
Another theory among the DOTA 2 community is that the new Primal Beast change will focus more on the map instead.
Considering Roshan is overflowing with essential items, the Primal Beast would make a great gatekeeper to these goodies and challenge teams to earn them first.
DOTA 2 7.31 Patch Notes
Out of the arena of speculations and theories, these are some changes that players can expect for the following 7.31 patch.
- Techies Demolitions Rework
- New Map
- Changes in Gold and Experience values in lanes and the Jungle
- Reworks of Aghanim's Scepters and Aghanim's Shards
- Introduction of Marci in Captains Mode (Tournament Mode)
- New Neutral Items
- Plenty of other Hero balance changes