If you're looking forward to the release of Diablo II: Resurrected and want to know what classes will be playable, we have you covered. All classes from the original game and expansion will be available meaning it should be familiar for long-time fans of the game.
If you're not familiar with the original release of the game, here's a breakdown of the classes that will be available.
Diablo II: Resurrected Classes
All seven classes from Diablo II and Lords of Destruction are present in Resurrected. The five base classes from the original game are;
- Amazon - Primarily a ranged class akin to the rogue. The Amazon can also use javelins and spears.
- Necromancer - A spellcaster with death-themed magic. The Necromancer also wields poison and life-drain spells.
- Barbarian - A brutal melee fighter who is all about being on the frontline in combat dealing massive damage.
- Sorceress - A wizard with elemental control wielding ice, lightning, and fire spells.
- Paladin - A perfect mix of tank and healer, the Paladin is more of a supporting class but can still deal big damage solo with the right setup.
The two returning classes from Diablo II: Resurrected - Lords of Destruction expansion are;
- Druid - A shapeshifter who can transform into a werewolf or bear as well as summoning various creatures. The Druid can also wield elemental magic like lightning and poison.
- Assassin - A martial arts class like the Monk in D3. The Assassin used fire and lightning magic as well as specialized shadow magic.
Each class can make it through the game with relative ease when playing solo but you may want to employ some synergy if playing as a group. You can play in groups of up to eight players online (crossplay not enabled).