The next chapter in the Call of Duty series, Call of Duty: Vanguard, is releasing an Open Beta later this month for Xbox players.
Here is everything you need to know before its arrival - including when you can jump in and try it out on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S!
Open Beta Release Date & Start Time
Early access for the Call of Duty: Vanguard open beta will be available for those who pre-order Call of Duty: Vanguard for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
The early access period takes place from Thursday, September 16th at 10 a.m. PT to Saturday, September 18th at 10:00 a.m. PT
After this period of early access, the real open beta period begins.
From Saturday, September 18th to Monday, September 20th, Call of Duty: Vanguard, will enter its open beta period, allowing all players to participate
The official version of the game then finally launches on November 5th, 2021.
Note: Xbox Live Gold membership will be required to play in the early access period, but will not be required to play in the open beta
Vanguard Multiplayer: More Ways to Play
Treyarch have pushed for a fresh new multiplayer experience in Vanguard including development for Zombies.
All this combined should make for a fantastic game that offers a ton of variety to its players, anywhere from more traditional multiplayer modes to a new Warzone map and more.
This will include the following:
- Sixteen maps for traditional core play and four maps that make up the Champion Hill experience.
- Four major fronts in the war, Western Front, Eastern Front, Pacific, and North Africa.
- Two brand new modes on launch day, including:
- Champion Hill - multi-arena survival tournament for solo, duos, and trios where tactics and strategy combine with quick-action, close-quarter gunplay
- Patrol - based on Hardpoint, this objective-based mode features a scoring zone in near-constant motion, forcing Operators to stay on the move.
- Classic modes like Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Domination, Search & Destroy, and more old favorites.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Price
If you're looking to pick up Call of Duty: Vanguard ahead of the open beta, read over its pricing below!
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Standard Edition $59.99
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Cross-Gen Bundle $69.99
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Ultimate Edition $99.99
Special editions come with plenty of rewards, so make sure you pick the right edition for you.