We are inching closer and closer towards the full release of Minecraft's Caves and Cliffs update, with Part I going live on June 8!
Mojang has released the patch notes for Pre-Release 3. Let's take a look, shall we?
Pre-Release 3 Patch Notes
You can find the full patch notes for Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 3 below, and the update is available right now.
Be advised, Mojang has warned that a bug in this version will trigger a warning as if every world you have created is experimental.
This will be fixed in the next Pre-Release.
CHANGES IN 1.17 PRE-RELEASE 3
- Tweaked the textures of lit candles
- Mobs rammed by goats will no longer retaliate
- Axolotls and Glow Squids now only spawn in total darkness and where there's a natural stone block less than 5 blocks below the spawning space
THE CAVES & CLIFFS PREVIEW
Download the latest datapack.
FIXED BUGS IN 1.17 PRE-RELEASE 3
- MC-203773 - Lightning rod is floating when held in third-person
- MC-215946 - Game fatally crashed while exploring chunks (IllegalStateException: Accessing PalettedContainer from multiple threads)
- MC-222223 - Baby axolotls despawn
- MC-223147 - Vines aren’t rendered with /setblock
- MC-223227 - Floating water caves in caves under the ocean
- MC-224893 - Replacing Chunk Futures causes several issues
- MC-225077 - Vines can spread upward to non-full blocks
- MC-225344 - Cave generation seems to be broken at seemingly random chunk borders
- MC-226441 - Lit candle texture doesn’t change when on cake
- MC-226514 - Crash trying to start a world: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field “u” because “â˜ƒ” is null
- MC-226660 - “Double closing program” warnings upon closing the game
- MC-226874 - Player’s owned player_head on mobs are flashing
- MC-226956 - Gravity blocks do not break when doEntityDrops is set to false
- MC-226970 - Stars are occluded by render fog
- MC-227018 - Changing or reloading resource packs does not reload core shaders until reloading a second time
FIXED BUGS IN 1.17 PRE-RELEASE 2
- MC-68129 - Smooth lighting doesn’t work properly underwater
- MC-196298 - Arrows fired into the side of bamboo or pointed dripstone never despawn
- MC-205840 - Smooth lighting behaves oddly on blocks covered with tinted glass
- MC-213767 - Flowering azalea leaves ID is unintuitive
- MC-220698 - The ExplosionPower of ghast fireballs is uncapped, causing a freeze / crash
- MC-223602 - Glowing translucent entities often don’t merge their outlines with other glowing entities
- MC-225190 - Tnt can be pushed with enchanted sword with knockback
- MC-225911 - Slimes and Magma Cubes not interacting with player
- MC-226470 - Nether Fossils generate on the nether roof above bedrock in soul sand valleys
- MC-226561 - Facing away from signs with glowing text makes the text disappear or z-fight
- MC-226576 - Unknown CPU on Debug menu.
- MC-226782 - /debug start does not work as described
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.