Minecraft is getting ready for one of the biggest updates it has received, the Caves & Cliffs update.
This time around, there are dedicated sections for changes and bugs - a nice way to see what's new. Here's everything we know.
Luckily for you, snapshot 21W20A is already live and available to download.
Go into your installations tab and look for it. It should be there for you to download right now.
There are a few changes made to the base update this time around, that you can find here.
- Actually made Geodes rarer this time
- GUI narration now includes position and usage of hovered or focused element
- Tilling Rooted Dirt with a Hoe will now convert it into Dirt, and pop out a Hanging Roots item
- Axolotls will now only play dead when in water
- Llamas no longer spit at players in peaceful mode
There are over 60 bug fixes included over on the site so here are just a few standout changes.
- MC-610 - Grass / Flowers / Snow are placed incorrectly in newly created chunks
- MC-102220 - Barrier Blocks are not shown when “Show Invisible Blocks” is selected in Save Structure Blocks
- MC-149777 - Crash when loading world: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException when using Java 11 or above
- MC-172304 - Piglins, piglin brutes, hoglins, zoglins and axolotls can attack their own teammates
- MC-189535 - Catching a fish in a bucket on creative mode doesn’t give player new bucket
- MC-191338 - Name color for Minecart with Command Block is incorrect
- MC-192591 - Name color for Structure Void is incorrect
- MC-198200 - Crash when leaving out processors in a template pool: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
- MC-203712 - Amethyst Geodes cause floating water/lava to generate when intersecting water/lava caves/pools
- MC-203867 - Amethyst geodes can overwrite bedrock
- MC-204393 - Lava Cauldron emits redstone signal strength 1 instead of 3
- MC-204902 - Dirt paths are no longer compatible with the programmer art resource pack
- MC-205104 - Rideable mobs are not affected by powder snow’s freezing effect while being ridden
- MC-205120 - Freezing hearts aren’t displayed properly in Programmer Art resource pack
- MC-205250 - Amethyst geodes can generate in a stronghold and can potentially destroy the end portal frames