With only a few players able to play the Madden 23 beta, we're now able to look at the Closed Beta details as well as how to download it.
There have also been some reported bugs with the beta that was revealed in the latest Gridiron Notes, we'll show you that as well.
Let's go over the Madden 23 Closed Beta details and when it will end.
Madden 23 Beta Details
Although the Madden 23 beta was revealed shortly after the reveal trailer, we're just now learning details. The first thing was the game modes involved.
EA released the exact details of the Closed Beta which includes some of the bugs that players have dealt with. First, we'll go over the game modes available.
From what we can tell, there are only two Madden 23 beta game modes available to play right now.
Here is what's currently included during the Closed Beta:
- Play Now
- H2H Ranked
This is what's supposed to come in the following days:
- Face of the Franchise: The League
- The Yard
- Superstar KO
- Franchise Mode
- Squads/Multiplayer for The Yard
- Squads/Multiplayer for Superstar KO
- Madden Ultimate Team
Now, let's go over some of the rules and concerns that EA is aware of when it comes to the Madden 23 beta.
Rules & Closed Beta Issues
One of the first rules surrounding the Madden 23 beta is that participating players can't share anything surrounding the game.
This was the message released by EA:
"When participating in the Madden NFL 23 Closed Beta, please refrain from recording, streaming and/or capturing any portion of the closed beta. Doing so will result in removal from the closed beta as well as complete bans on all Madden NFL accounts."
The Madden 23 beta has also been struggling with a few bugs. EA released that they are aware of the bugs and actively trying to fix them.
This is what EA has said surrounding the bugs:
- Mid-Air collisions at the catch point not triggering frequently enough
- Man Coverage defenders frequently play fakeout animations when covering Curl and Comeback routes
- HB Slip Screen does not work appropriately due to the RB delay being too long
- Aggressive catch mechanic doesn’t respect player-input in some specific situations
- Player ratings impact to Skill Based Passing is not final
- Skill based passing Reticle snaps back when the user releases LT so the user is unable to place it and leave it
- Underneath Zone defenders are breaking too quickly on intermediate and deep routes
- Pass Rush Non-Engaged Super Win animations are triggering too frequently on All Pro and All Madden
- Sometimes Catches do not sync up appropriately when throwing to Tight Ends on Flat routes
- Defenders in play ball situations sometimes obstruct the receiver from getting to the ball and do not make a play on the ball
- Running backs sometimes get caught up in the line when going out on a route and do not play an avoidance or a Chip block animation
Looking to sign up for the Madden 23 beta? Let's take a look at how you can do it.
How to sign up for Madden 23 beta
The first thing you'll need to do is have a code that was sent to you via EA. If you haven't received one you'll have to wait for the open beta.
There will also be a chance for early access if you purchase the All Madden Edition of the game. To learn about the rest of the editions, head here.
Here is a breakdown of how to sign up for the Madden 23 beta if you were provided a code:
To Download on Playstation:
- Use your existing Sony Entertainment Network account on PSN™.
- Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the system home screen.
- Select Redeem Codes at the bottom of the menu on the PlayStation®Store.
- Enter the code and get ready to play.
To Download on Xbox:
- Go to Games under Store.
- Select Use a Code.
- Sign in if prompted.
- Select or enter the 25-character code and get ready to play.
To learn more about Madden 23 and our predictions surrounding team ratings, follow this link.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Madden page.