Madden 22 Ratings Reveal Week rolls on with yet another string of reveals, and this time we're learning about some of the most dominant defenders.
With top edge rushers and defensive linemen on the agenda, here's what we know about some of the highest rated defenders in Madden 22.
Latest - Top 10 Edge Rushers & Defensive Linemen
The next reveal is now live, and Madden 22 Ratings Reveal Week is becoming a family affair this time.
ESPN revealed the top 10 edge rushers in Madden 22, and these players made the cut:
- Za'Darius Smith, OLB, Green Bay Packers - 89 OVR
- Nick Bosa, DE, San Francisco 49ers - 90 OVR
- Joey Bosa, OLB, Los Angeles Chargers - 92 OVR
- Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos - 93 OVR
- Cameron Jordan, DE, New Orleans Saints - 93 OVR
- JJ Watt, DE, Arizona Cardinals - 94 OVR
- Chandler Jones, OLB, Arizona Cardinals - 94 OVR
- TJ Watt, OLB, Pittsburgh Steelers - 94 OVR
- Khalil Mack, OLB, Chicago Bears - 96 OVR
- Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns - 98 OVR
Perhaps most surprising is that not a single edge rusher made it into the coveted 99 Club, but we didn't have to wait long to learn about that group.
Aaron Donald was chosen to join the 99 Club for the fifth consecutive year, and the following were revealed as the top defensive linemen in Madden 22:
- Vita Vea, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 88 OVR
- Stephon Tuitt, LE, Pittsburgh Steelers - 89 OVR
- Kenny Clark, DT, Green Bay Packers - 89 OVR
- Calais Campbell, RE, Green Bay Packers - 90 OVR
- Michael Pierce, DT, Minnesota Vikings - 91 OVR
- Cameron Heyward, RE, Pittsburgh Steelers - 92 OVR
- DeForest Buckner, DT, Indianapolis Colts - 92 OVR
- Chris Jones, DT, Kansas City Chiefs - 92 OVR
- Fletcher Cox, DT, Philadelphia Eagles - 94 OVR
- Aaron Donald, RE, Los Angeles Rams - 99 OVR
Madden 22: ESPN Ratings Reveal Schedule for July 27
Knowing exactly what to expect and will be revealed when it comes to Madden 22 ratings next on ESPN isn't the easiest task, as things haven't perfectly followed the previously released schedule.
On top of that, the next day of reveals is complicated by the fact that two different categories are expected to be revealed, with both the Top 10 Edge Rushers and Top 10 Defensive Linemen expected.
The previously released scheduled noted edge rushers would get a "live reveal" on "SportsCenter and NFL Live," but what timeslot is unclear.
With that in mind, we're expecting this schedule, but not certain which top 10 will get dropped in the morning and which could be saved for later in the day.
Without further ado, here's the likely reveal schedule on ESPN for Tuesday, July 27:
- Tuesday, July 27: Top 10 and 99 Club Reveal on SportsCenter AM between 7am ET and 8am ET
- Tuesday, July 27: Discussion of Top 10 & 99 Club on Get Up! at 8am ET
- Tuesday, July 27: Discussion of Top 10 Defensive Linemen with Vince Wilfork on First Take at 10am ET
- Tuesday, July 27: Other Top 10 Reveal either on SportsCenter between 12pm ET and 2pm ET or on NFL Live at 4pm ET
JJ Watt likely among top edge rushers & defensive linemen to be revealed
As for who will make these elite lists, there's one name we can likely count on being within the top 10, and that's JJ Watt.
During the Ratings Kickoff Special on Sunday, July 25 on SportsCenter, the hosts mentioned a handful of ratings for players who will be finding new homes this year.
Among those was JJ Watt, who will have a 94 OVR rating as a defensive end with the Arizona Cardinals in Madden 22.
That won't quite get him anywhere in the 99 Club conversation this year, but should keep him near the top, and we're expecting the following edge rushers to join him near the top:
- Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears
- TJ Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
- Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns
- Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers
We'll also get several defensive linemen revealed, and these are the players we're looking forward to seeing top the list:
- Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams
- Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs
- Cameron Heyward, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grady Jarrett, Atlanta Falcons
- Deforest Buckner, Indianapolis Colts