Madden 21 Franchise Mode received some upgrades in the new Madden 21 Title Update. Afterward, however, players are now unable to play Madden 21 Franchise Mode on Cloud saves.
Here's everything we know so far about Madden 21 Franchise Mode going down after the January Title Update.
Madden 21 Franchise Mode Down After January Title Update
The most recent Madden 21 January Title Update was the second major update for Franchise Mode - as promised by EA before launch day.
This new Title Update added improved AI trade logic, draft logic, commissioner controls, and more.
But despite all of its positives, it looks like the new Madden 21 Update has made Franchise Mode unplayable for those with Cloud saves (a large portion of the audience.)
This also applies to online franchises, which are also currently down and experiencing technical issues.
So what happened?
EA Working to Fix Madden 21 Franchise
EA is on the case to fix Madden 21 Franchise Mode to make it playable once more after the new update has caused issues.
For now, Online Franchise, as well as Franchise Mode Cloud saves, are now gated indefinitely.
Madden 21 Franchise Title Update
The new Madden 21 January Title Update has added tons of Franchise upgrades as previously promised by EA.
Below are the Madden 21 January Title Update patch notes on Franchise changes as presented by EA in the latest set of Gridiron Notes:
- New Commish Controls
- Draft Auto-Pilot: Assign auto-pilot during the draft.
- House Rules: Dictate how many times a play can be called in a game, and how long a player must wait before calling the same play again.
- Undo Free Agent Settings: undo FA signings in the offseason directly through the transaction log. Click on a signing and revert it to send the player back into the free agent pool.
- Team Override Settings: Commissioners now have the ability to turn on/off or allow users to keep individual settings for Heat Seeker tackling, Ball Hawk, and Switch assist.
- Personnel Logic Improvements: New guidelines for CPU draft logic to assist teams in whether they should or should not have interest in drafting a first round QB.