The League of Legends updates just keep coming and already patch 12.19 is proving to be one of the bigger ones all Season 12 long.
This brand-new update houses tons of new content from the Syndra Mid-Scope Update, Blitzcrank adjustments, and the Janna VFX Update to the Spirit Blossom 2022 skins—we even have some early patch notes!
With a lot to unpack this early on, here's everything we know about LoL 12.19.
LATEST - Riot reveals early LoL 12.19 patch notes
Thanks to the developers over at Riot, namely Riot Phroxzon, we have more patch notes to work with for the LoL 12.19 update.
These notes include buffs, nerfs, or changes to nearly 20 champions, and buffs to one item.
For the full list of changes scroll below!
LoL 12.19 Release Date
Adhering to the League of Legends patch schedule, LoL 12.19 is set to release on Wednesday, October 5, 2022.
Once the patch is live, players will be able to enjoy numerous new skins, the new event, as well as plenty of buffs, nerfs, and overall changes from its patch notes.
Build Your Collection: Shop League of Legends Collectables at Sideshow
LoL 12.19 Patch Notes
This next League update is undoubtedly one of the bigger ones yet, certainly one of the most significant to begin the latter half of the year.
It's chock-full of content already with its Syndra Mid-Scope and Janna VFX Updates, early patch notes, and more.
Here's what the patch has so far.
Syndra Mid-Scope Update arrives to League of Legends in 12.19
Keeping the tradition of Mid-Scope Updates thus far, Syndra will be reworked with the idea of keeping her core gameplay intact.
As expected, all of her abilities will look to be altered in some way, with her Passive receiving a full-on rework. The ability, Transcendent, has Syndra collect Splinters of Wrath throughout the game. There are three ways to collect these splinters. The first one comes by damaging an enemy with two abilities within four seconds of each other—this will grant one to three splinters at levels one, 11, and 18.
The second comes by leveling up which will grant five splinters and the third comes from killing a cannon minion which grants an extra splinter each. Syndra can collect up to 120 splinters gaining an extra 15 percent of her total AP.
From then on her abilities will take these splinters into account. At 40 splinters her Q will now store two charges with a one-second cooldown between casts. At 60 splinters her W will deal an additional 15 percent true damage plus 1.5 percent per 100 AP. Lastly, at 80 splinters her E's cone is increased and will now slow enemies by 70 percent for 1.25 seconds. As for her ultimate, she will execute any champions below 15 percent max health at 100 splinters.
Here are the official numbers:
P - Transcendent
- Syndra collects up to 120 Splinters via damaging enemy champions and gaining levels. Splinters of Wrath enhance Syndra and her abilities
- Syndra restores 20-215 (based on level 1-18) mana whenever she collects a Splinter from an enemy. She can gain Splinters via:
- Damaging an enemy champion with 2 abilities within 4 seconds grants (1/2/3 at levels 1, 11, and 18) Splinters (8 second CD per target)
- Leveling up grants Syndra 5 Splinters of Wrath
- Killing a Cannon minion grants 1 Splinter of Wrath
- At 120 Splinters, Syndra gains 15% total AP
Q - Dark Sphere
- Cooldown: 4 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
- 40 Splinters of Wrath: Dark Sphere can store 2 charges (1 second between casts)
W - Force of Will
- 60 Splinters of Wrath: Force of Will does an additional 15% (+1.5% per 100AP) true damage.
E - Scatter the Weak
- 80 Splinters of Wrath: Scatter the Weak’s cone is increased (56 degrees ⇒ 84 degrees) and also slows enemies by 70% for 1.25 seconds (applies after initial CC)
R - Unleashed Power
- Grants Dark Sphere (Q) an additional 10/20/30 Ability Haste
Janna VFX Update upgrades the Storm's Fury in 12.19
As a champion whose release dates back to 2010, nearly a year following League of Legends' official release, Janna is one of the older champions in the MOBA's roster, making her a prime target for a VFX Update.
The VFX Update, as announced by Riot Pehrek on the League of Legends PBE subreddit, will look to completely overhaul Janna's base and older skins as well while making some minor adjustments to the newer ones, bringing her abilities and overall look up to speed to the rest of the game's fidelity.
Here's the full list of changes coming in her VFX Update:
- Base Janna: Complete Overhaul
- Tempest Janna: Same as base
- Hextech Janna: Complete Overhaul
- Frost Queen Janna: Complete Overhaul
- Victorious Janna: Complete Overhaul
- Forecast Janna: Complete Overhaul
- Fnatic Janna: Same as base, but with a custom W
- Star Guardian Janna: Adding impact effect to Q and Tornado small update, new healing VFX on R
- Sacred Sword Janna: Adding impact effect to Q and Tornado small update, new healing VFX on R
- Bewitching Janna: Adding impact effect to Q and Tornado small update, new healing VFX on R
- Guardian of the Sands Janna: Adding impact effect to Q and Tornado small update, new healing VFX on R
- Battle Queen Janna: Adding impact effect to Q, new healing VFX on R
- Crystal Rose Janna: Adding impact effect to Q, new healing VFX on R
- Cyber Halo Janna: Adding impact effect to Q, new healing VFX on R
- Prestige Cyber Halo Janna: Adding impact effect to Q, new healing VFX on R
Blitzcrank changes make their way to League of Legends with 12.19
Blitzcrank is one of the most iconic supports in League of Legends. Known for his ability that quite literally hooks his enemies to him, his playmaking potential has him amongst the top picks for the role.
Knowing that his popularity is so high in the role, Riot Games has decided to give the Great Steam Golem some changes that might make him viable in elsewhere in the Rift, particularly in the jungle and the top lane.
He will be gaining significant changes to both his E and W abilities, gaining both attack speed, and overall damage to both champions and non-champions alike. Additionally, his ultimate will receive a small increase to its AP ratio scaling.
Here are the official numbers:
- Attack Speed: 0.625 ⇒ 0.65
- Attack Speed Per Level: 0.625 ⇒ 0.7
W - Overdrive
- Attack Speed Buff: 30-62% ⇒ 40-92%
- Mana: 75 ⇒ 85
- [NEW] Now deals 1% max HP magic damage on-hit while active, increased by 60/90/120/150/180 against non-champions
E - Power Fist
- Mana: 25 ⇒ 40
- [NEW] Now scales with 25% AP and increased by 150% AD + 125% AP against non-champions
R - Static Field
- Passive AP Ratio: 30% ⇒ 30/40/50%
- No longer capped at 3 stacks
Apart from Syndra and Blitzcrank, there will be a total of of nearly 20 champions that will be buffed or nerfed.
Passive - Z-Drive Resonance
- AP Ratio: 80% ⇒ 90%
R - Chronobreak
- Damage: 150/300/450 (+150% AP) ⇒ 200/350/500 (+175% AP)
E - Playful / Trickster
- AP ratio: 75% ⇒ 90%
E - Judgment
- Bonus Crit Damage: 58% ⇒ 75%
- Attack Damage: 57 ⇒ 59
R - Super Mega Death Rocket
- Base Damage To Primary Target: 250/400/550 ⇒ 300/450/600
Passive - Second Skin
- Detonation AP Ratio: 5% missing HP per 100 AP ⇒ 6% missing HP per 100 AP
W - Thunderclap
- Cone AP Ratio: 20% ⇒ 30%
R - Unstoppable Force
- AP Ratio: 80% ⇒ 90%
W - Wither
- Attack Speed Slow: 50% of move speed slow ⇒ 75%
R - Fury of the Sands
- Bonus Q Range: 25 ⇒ 50
- Tick Rate: 1 second ⇒ 0.5 seconds
- Same total damage
R - Absolute Zero
- Max AP Ratio: 250% ⇒ 300%
Passive - Fey Feathers
- AP Ratio: 85% ⇒ 95%
Q - Gleaming Quill
- Damage AP Ratio: 60% ⇒ 70%
- Bonus AD ratio per second: 20% ⇒ 30%
- On-hit unchanged
E: Flame Breath
- On-hit damage: 3.75% max HP ⇒ 3.5% max HP
- Dragon form base damage: 100/115/130/145/160 ⇒ 75/90/105/120/135
Q - Hymn of Valor
- Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170
E - Song of Celerity
- Slow: 40% ⇒ 50%
Q - Tongue Lash
- AP Ratio: 70% ⇒ 90%
W - Abyssal Dive
- AP Ratio: 100% ⇒125%
Passive - Deadly Venom
- AP Ratio Per Stack Per Second: 2.5% ⇒ 3%
E - Contaminate
- AP Ratio Per Stack: 33% ⇒ 35%
Q - Wilding Claw
- Two Attack Bonus Damage To Minions: 0 ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160
W - Iron Mantle
- Minion Healing: 50% ⇒ 60%
R - Wingborne Storm
- Damage to Minions: 40/55/70/85% ⇒ 50/60/70/80
- Lethality: 18 ⇒ 12
- Attack damage: 55 ⇒ 60
LoL 12.19 Skins
As always with a new patch, new skins get added to the game for players to enjoy. For LoL 12.19 there are plenty of new skins.
The new update will bring ten brand-new skins that will take part in the Spirit Blossom 2022 event. It'll include skins for Syndra, Tristana, Soraka, Evelynn, Sett, Aphelios, Yorick, Darius, and Master Yi will all be joining this unique skin line, with Master Yi receiving a Prestige version.
The new skins have the champions dressed in Eastern-style clothing covered in Spirit Blossoms from head to toe, with some displaying added effects that include various wildlife such as wolves, butterflies, and more.
It's expected that all but one of these come with a 1350 RP price tag, with the Legendary Sett skin priced at 1820 RP.
Here are some of the splash arts:
Spirit Blossom Yone
Spirit Blossom Sett
Spirit Blossom Soraka
For more information on the Spirit Blossom skins visit here. It's worth noting that some of these skins might be spread over to the following update, patch 12.20.