The League of Legends World Championship is coming, and the massive LoL 11.18 update paves the way with a massive amount of buffs and nerfs - but that's not all!
Here's everything you need to know about LoL 11.18 from its release time to its patch notes, new skins, and more.
Update - 11.18 to be a 'pro-focused' update ahead of Worlds
League of Legends lead game designer @JeevunSidhu has referred to Update 11.18 as a 'pro-focused' update to best prepare the game for the upcoming Worlds.
These updates are fairly typical heading into a major championship and can often be made in accordance with pro player feedback. They will want the most optimum and balanced version of the game to be available during the event - and the 28 champion buffs and nerfs are the result.
LoL 11.18 Release Date
The League of Legends 11.18 update will arrive on Thursday, September 9th.
We expect it will follow the same schedule as previous updates, bringing servers down from 6am EST / 11am BST to 9am EST / 2pm BST before going live with the new patch.
READ MORE: All of the new Skins in LoL 11.17
Full Patch Notes Revealed
The full LoL 11.18 patch notes have finally been revealed by Riot ahead of launch, and it's a massive one with 28 Champion buffs and nerfs combined!
Get a drink and some popcorn, because these patch notes are a deep dive.
- League of Draven (Passive): New Effect - Draven's Adoration stack count updates will now be displayed in All chat, not just Team chat
- Whirling Death (R): New Effect - If Whirling Death drops an enemy's health to or below Draven's current Adoration stacks, it executes them
- Dr. Mundo
- Maximum Dosage (R): Embiggenate changed from "On cast, immediately heals 20% of missing HP" to "Grants 15/20/25% of missing HP as Bonus HP for 10s"
- Maximum Dosage (R): Healimify changed from "Heals 20/45/70%" to "20/40/60% of max HP over 10s"
- Nimble Fighter (Passive): Damage Reduction vs Basic Attacks increased from 4 (+1% Ability Power) to 8 (+2% Ability Power)
- Seastone Trident (W): On-Hit Damage increased from 10/15/20/25/30 (+35% Ability Power) to 20/25/30/35/40 (+35% Ability Power)
- Chum the Waters (R): Guppy Damage decreased from 150/250/350 (+80% Ability Power)
- Chum The Waters (R): Chomper Damage decreased from 225/325/425 (+100% Ability Power) to 200/275/350 (+85% Ability Power)
- Chum The Waters (R): Gigalodon Damage decreased from 300/400/500 (+120% Ability Power) to 250/325/400 (+100% Ability Power)
- Health increased from 540 to 570
- Health Growth increased from 82 to 90
- Switcheroo! (Q): Fishbones Mana Cost decreased from 20 to 16/17/18/19/20
- Supercharge (E): Cooldown decreased from 16/15/15/13/12 seconds to 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
- Inspire (E): Base Shield increased from 60/125/170/215/260 to 90/135/180/225/270
- Void Ooze (E): Damage increased from 75/120/165/210/255 (+50% Ability Power) to 75/120/165/210/255 (+70% Ability Power)
- Base Health Regen decreased from 1.5 to 0.5
- Base Health Regen Growth decreased from 0.75 to 0.55
- Dream-Laden Bough (Passive): Healing Against Large Monsters increased from 18-94 (based on level) to 27-104 (based on level)
- Blooming Blows (Q): Passive Stack Duration increased from 5.5 seconds to 6.5 seconds
- Swirlseed (E): Cooldown decreased from 18 seconds to 16 seconds
- Miss Fortune
- Bullet Time (R): Total Waves increased from 12/14/16 to 14/16/18
- Black Shield (E): Cooldown decreased from 26/24/22/20/18 seconds to 24/22/20/18/16 seconds
- Base Attack Speed increased from 0.625 to 0.688
- Base Health Regen decreased from 1.6 to 1.5
- Edge of Ixtal/Elemental Wrath (Q): New Effect (You're In My Element) - Now does 25% bonus damage against monsters
- Edge of Ixtal/Elemental Wrath (Q): If Qiyana's target begins a dash or teleport during her E+Q buffer, Q will aim at their last position before dashing/teleporting
- Edge of Ixtal/Elemental Wrath (Q): If Qiyana has an E+Q buffered but does not have vision of her target when the cast completes, Q will aim the last position she could see her target in
- Audacity (E): Base Damage decreased from 60/90/120/150/180 to 50/80/110/140/170
- Junkyard Titan (Passive): Overheated Attack Speed increased from 50% to 20-80% (based on level)
- Scrap Shield (W): Cooldown decreased from 7/6.75/6.5/6.25/6 seconds to 6 seconds
- Insanity Potion (R): New Effect - Singed now applies Grievous Wounds on targets upon dealing damage during Insanity Potion's duration
- Wish (R): New Effect - Clears Grievous Wounds on allies before applying the heal
- Threaded Volley (Q): New Effect - Casting Threaded Volley on Worked Ground now refunds 50% of the spell's cooldown
- Threaded Volley (Q): Worked Ground radius decreased from 450 to 300
- Threaded Volley (Q): Worked Ground duration decreased from 45 seconds to 25 seconds
- Noxian Diplomacy (Q): Base Damage decreased from 65/90/115/140/165 to 65/85/105/125/145
- Rake (W): New Effect - Now deals 50% bonus damage against monsters
- Spray and Pray (R): Bonus Attack Damage increased from 30/45/60 to 40/55/70
- Corrosive Charge (Q): Cooldown decreased from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds to 10/9.5/9/8 seconds
- Mana Cost increased from 60 to 70
- Spirit Cleave (W): Shielding Per Champion Hit After the First increased from 25% base to 50% base
- Bop 'N' Block (Passive): Cooldown decreased from 18-6 seconds to 14-6 seconds
- Contempt for the Weak (Passive): New Effect - Now deals 100% bonus damage against monsters (still capped at 300 against epic monsters)
- Sleepy Trouble Bubble (E): Cooldown decreased from 20/18.5/17.15.5/14 seconds to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Base Attack Damage reduced from 57 to 55
- Volley (W): Cooldown increased from 14/11.5/9/6.5/4 seconds to 18/14.5/11/7.5/4 seconds
- Adaptive Defenses (Passive): Cooldown increased from 16/13/10 seconds to 20/15/10 seconds
- Hextech Capacitor (Passive): Bonus Move Speed and Ghost Duration reduced from 1.25 seconds to .75 seconds
- Fate's Call (R): Knockup Duration decreased from 1.5/1.75/2 seconds to 1/1.5/2 seconds
- Lee Sin
- Base Attack Damage reduced from 70 to 68
- Ruthless Predator (W): Empowered Stun Duration decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1 second
- Ruthless Predator (W): Empowered Self Lockout Duration decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.52 seconds
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 335 to 330
- Flay (E): Maximum Passive Bonus Magic Damage increased from 100/125/150/175/200% Attack Damage + 1 per Soul to 80/110/140/170/200% Attack Damage + 1.5 per Soul
- Pillar of Ice (E): Slow decreased from 32/39/46/53/60% to 30/34/38/42/46%
- Base Attack Damage decreased from 61 to 59
- Living Vengeance (Passive): Bonus Attack Speed on Non-Champion Kills decreased from 20% to 10/15/20%
- Ravenous Hydra
- No longer activates on turrets
- Titanic Hydra
- Cleave no longer activates on turrets
- Umbral Glaive
- Cost decreased from 2600 gold to 2400 gold
- Lethality decreased from 12 to 10
- Move Speed Ramp-up Time: Reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second
New Pentakill Skins
A new Pentakill album next month means a new batch of skins inspired by the band are coming to League of Legends!
These new skins have already been revealed, and we expect they will also arrive in LoL 11.18.
These new skins include:
- Pentakill Karthus
- Pentakill Kayle
- Pentakill Mordekaiser
- Pentakill Olaf
- Pentakill Sona
- Pentakill Viego
- Pentakill Yorick
Check them out below!
Mordekaiser (Left), Karthus (Middle), Sona (Right)
Yorick (Left), Kayle (Middle), Olaf (Right)