League of Legends is getting a new patch ahead of pre-season for Season 11. There is a lot included in this one, including big changes to the ability levels of champions.
There was some doubt as to whether Riot Games were going to deliver this patch on-time, but they've thankfully delivered. We've got everything you need to know right here!
Items getting Season 11 overhaul
Over half of League’s items are going to be reworked in Season 11. 23 mythic items, 13 legendary items, nine epic items, and 28 classic item reworks are included in Patch 10.23.
The Mythic items overhaul will give players a better sense of what to build up to and what those items will let your champion do.
Jungle items are also being replaced by Jungle Starters, which will make up options for LoL's roaming characters on Summoner’s Rift.
The full list of changes to the items are listed further down in the article.
Omni Vamp & Ability Haste
LoL is going through a revolution at the moment and developers Riot have a massive item change on the cards. There are also two new stats being added, Ability Haste and Omni Vamp.
The Ability Haste change has also officially been locked, meaning ‘CDR’ (cooldown reduction) is being removed from the game.
Eight different runes will also be adjusted in League patch 10.23. Riot have also revealed that 13 champions would be adjusted to fit them into the new system.
These changes will be shipped alongside 30 changes for LoL champions, some of which are specifically designed for the Ability Haste swap.
Katarina is one League champion getting a big boost in the Season 11 preseason.
Ranked system changes
According to Yetter, LoL's infamous ranked promos will be scrapped entirely. This will leave the ranked system as an open rank-up/rank-down ladder.
Riot are also adding a “rank informed matchmaking” system, that will pair players together in a “smarter” way.
LoL players will no longer be able to duo-queue in Master tiers. This was previously only the case in Challenger, the game’s top rank, but Riot have decided to extend it all the way down to Masters and Grandmasters as well.
The ability to duo queue in LoL ranked from Iron to Diamond will remain the same. The ranked promotion series is on its way out in Season 11.
Buffs & Nerfs
Here's the full list of changes to the stats of champions:
- Q mana cost 80/90/100/110/120 ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100.
- R initial cost 75 (+40/50/60 per second) ⇒ 60 (+40/50/60 per second).
- Passive headshots gain 25% less bonus damage from crit chance.
- E mana cost 50 ⇒ 50/45/40/35/30.
- Base mana 280 ⇒ 330.
- Base mana regen 7 ⇒ 8.
- Spider Q now applies on-hit effects.
- Base mana 317 ⇒ 400.
- Base mana regen 6 ⇒ 7.
- Passive crit damage reduction: 25% (150% damage crits on live) ⇒ 14% (150% damage crits on PBE).
- Bonus attack damage from crit chance 4% attack damage per 10% crit ⇒ 3% attack damage per 10% critical strike chance.
- Passive now applies ‘on hit’ effects to all units struck.
- E now applies ‘on hit’ effects.
- R split damage into (base + ability power ratio) magic, and (attack damage + ASPD ratio) physical. Now applies ‘on hit’ effects at 33% efficiency to all units struck. Each unit is hit for a total on 3x Katarina’s on hits over the full 2.5s channel duration.
- Passive attack speed per Zeal stack: 6% (30% at five stacks) ⇒ 6% + 2%/100 ability power (30% + 10%/100 ability power at five stacks).
- All Mythic Items have Ornn upgrades. Only Mythic Items can be upgraded. Each upgrade is worth roughly 1,000 gold in stats.
- Passive stats:
- Attack speed ratio 0.2 ⇒ 0.32.
- Attack speed per level: 4% ⇒2.5%
- Crit damage reduction: 35% (130% damage crits on live) ⇒ 14% (150% damage crits on PBE).
- Crit chance per 20 souls: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Excess crit to lifesteal conversion: 35% ⇒ 50%
- E move speed 20% ⇒ 20% (+3%/100 ability power).
- R damage ability power ratio 0.5 ⇒ 0.8.
- Base mana regeneration 10 ⇒ 8.
- Stage Presence (P) note ratio 7.5% ability power ⇒ 6/7/8/9% ability power (levels 1/6/11/16).
- High Note (Q) damage 55/65/75/85/95 (+55% ability power) ⇒ 55/70/85/100/115 (+40/45/50/55/60% ability power).
- Beat Drop (E) base damage 60/85/110/135/160 ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140, damage to minions 60/70/80/90/100% ⇒ 100%.
- Base mana 280 ⇒ 350.
- Passive crit chance per point of fury 0.35-0.5 ⇒ 0.3-0.6.
- Mana per level 19 ⇒ 29.
- Passive attack speed now has a 4%/100 ability power ratio per stack.
- Q movement speed now has a 3%/100 ability power ratio (doubled towards champs).
- E cooldown 15 ⇒ 15-11.
- Damage cap vs minions, monsters: 150/250/350/450/550 ⇒ 150/300/450/600/700.
- Passive bonus critical strike chance 100% ⇒ 150%
- Critical strike damage reduction 10% ⇒ 15%
- Passive bonus critical strike chance 100% ⇒ 150%, critical strike damage reduction 10% ⇒ 15%
- Mana per level 19 ⇒ 29.
- W currently does not work with new item actives. Will be updated to work shortly before preseason patch 10.21 ships.
Mana per level changes
The following champions have also had their mana per level increased by 20:
- Xin Zhao
Full list of items changes
Duskblade of Draktharr
- Damage 50-150 (+0.3 base attack damage) ⇒ 75 (+0.3 base attack damage).
- 30% armour shred removed, replaced with 15% damage amp.
- Damage 100-200 (+0.45 base attack damage) ⇒ 100 (+0.3 base attack damage).
- Damage 10% ⇒ 8% target’s max health.
- Shield 150 (+0.8 base attack damage) ⇒ 150 (+0.4 base attack damage).
- Range shield 100 (+0.4 base attack damage) ⇒ 100 (+0.3 base attack damage).
Lord Dominik’s Regards
- Cost 3200g ⇒ 2900g.
- Armor penetration 30% ⇒ 25%.
- Giantslayer passive 20% ⇒ 15% maximum increased damage.
- Percentage magic resist converted to percentage magic resist pen for owner only.
- Percentage armor resist and magic resist will be converted into percentage damage amp.
- Cooldown reduction stats changed to “+8 Ability Haste.”
- NEW EFFECT: Heal for a percentage of the damage dealt. Healing: 1% + 2% per Bounty Hunter stack. Bounty Hunter stacks are earned the first time you get a takedown on each enemy champ. Healing reduced to 1/3rd against non-champs.
- NEW EFFECT: Gain 15 Item Haste plus an additional 10 Item Haste per Bounty Hunter stack (includes Trinkets). Bounty Hunter stacks are earned the first time you get a takedown on each enemy champion.
- Adaptive force 1.7-4.2 ⇒ 2-5.
- Heal 15% ⇒ 10%.
- Ranged heal 8% ⇒ 6%.
Presence of Mind
- NEW EFFECT: Damaging enemy champ increases your mana regeneration by 1.5-11 (80% for ranged) mana per second for 4 seconds. All energy users gain 1.5 energy per second, instead. Takedowns restore 15% of your maximum mana or energy.
- Added to Precision rune tree in patch 10.23.
- EFFECT: Gain 2% Bonus Armor and Bonus Magic Penetration for every Legend stack (max 10 stacks). Earn progress toward Legend stacks for every champion takedown, epic monster takedown, large monster kill, and minion kill.
- Oct. 19 update: This rune has now been removed.
- Max stacks 20 ⇒ 15.
- NEW EFFECT: Gain bonuses upon reaching the following levels:
- Lv5: +5 Ability Haste.
- Lv8: +5 Ability Haste.
- Lv11: On Champion takedown, reduce the remaining cooldown of basic abilities by 20%.
- +15 Summoner Spell Haste.
- +10 Item Haste.
Patch 10.23 Release Date
Patch 10.23 will be going live for all LoL players on 11th November. It will begin in Oceania at 10am AEST (Midnight Wednesday GMT), and will be rolled out in all regions at 8am from there.
In preparation for the update, matchmaking and access to the LoL servers will be disabled for three hours before the patch is deployed.