The Genshin Impact 1.3 update is here, and with it comes a brand new character, Xiao.
Here is everything you need to know about Xiao and how to add him to your own party.
Who Is Xiao?
One of the "Mighty and Illuminated Adepti" guarding Liyue, also heralded as the "Guardian Yaksha."
Despite his appearance as a young man, occasional legends about him have been documented in ancient books.
He is especially fond of Wangshu Inn's Almond Tofu. The reason is that the dish tastes just like the "dreams" he used to devour.
- Rarity: 5 Star
- Weapon: Polearm
- Element: Anemo
READ MORE: Genshin Impact Promo Codes
Whirlwind Thurst - Normal/Charged Attack
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 6 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes Stamina to perform an upward thrust.
Lemniscatic Wind Cycling - Elemental Skill
Performs a high-speed dash, dealing Anemo DMG to enemies in his path.
Bane of All Evil - Elemental Burst
Dons the Yaksha's Mask that once struck fear into gods and demons alike.
- Greatly increases Xiao's jumping ability.
- Increases Xiao's attack AoE and DMG.
- Xiao's attack DMG is converted to Anemo DMG, which cannot be overriden by any other elemental infusion.
- In this state, Xiao will continuously lose HP.
The effects of this skill end when Xiao leaves the field.
Evil Conqueror - Tamer of Demons - Passive Talent 1
Starting Bane of All Evil increases Xiao's DMG by 5%. After this, Xiao's DMG continues to increase by 5% every 3s until the skill ends. Max 25% increase.
Dissolution Eon - Heaven Fall - Passive Talent 2
When Lemniscatic Wind Cycling is used, increases all subsequent Lemniscatic Wind Cycling's DMG by 10% for 6s. Max 3 stacks. Duration refreshes with new stacks.
Transcension - Gravity Defier - Passive Talent 3
Decreases all party member's falling DMG by 20%.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact Tier List
- Dissolution Eon - Destroyer of Worlds - Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling's charges by 1.
- Annihilation Eon - Blossom of Kaleidos - When in party but not the currently active character, Xiao's Energy Recharge is increased by 25%.
- Evil Conqueror - Wrath Deity - Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling's skill level by 3. Max level is 15.
- Transcension - Extinction of Suffering - When Xiao's HP falls below 50%, gains a 100% DEF Bonus.
- Evolution Eon - Origin of Ignorance - Increases Bane of All Evil's skill level by 3. Max level is 15.
- Evil Conqueror - Vigilant Yaksha - During Bane of All Evil, hitting 2 or more enemies with a Charged Attack grants Lemniscatic Wind Cycling 1 additional charge and reduces Lemniscatic Wind Cycling's CD by 1s.
Xiao will be released with the start of 1.3 on February 3rd and will be available to unlock until February 17th.
How To Unlock Xiao
To unlock Xiao, players need to take part in the Invitation To Mundane Life Wish event.
This will allow players to exchange either Intertwined and Acquaint Fates for Wishes, which give an opportunity to unlock Xiao.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 1.3 COUNTDOWN
Diona, Beidou, and Xinyan will also be on offer.
Xiao's drop rate will be boosted to give players more opportunities to unlock him.