The second phase of Genshin Impact 3.2 is live, and with it, the game has introduced a new 4-star character, Layla, the Akademiya Student with a sleeping disorder.
With her debut, we have created a build guide to reach the max potential of Layla, the new 4-star Cryo Sword character, including her best weapons, artifacts, and teams.
Who is Layla in Genshin Impact?
Layla is a student from the Akademiya Rtawahist Darshan, the branch that studies the stars and constellations. She is always worried about fulfilling her academic duties. Therefore, Layla developed a sleeping disorder.
- Layla's shield is resistant, the second most robust shield in the game, just weaker than the one of the Geo Archon.
- Consistent generation of Cryo Particles with both of Layla's Abilities.
- Her Cryo application is consistent during the whole of Layla's Rotation.
- She has very underwhelming damage input, and there is no 4-star weapon that can enhance her kit.
- Layla's Cryo Application is lost once her shield is broken, and she is weak against enemies that apply corrosion.
Layla's Best Weapons
Finding the best weapon for Layla is perhaps the most complicated part of the build.
|5-Star||Harbinger of Dawn||Crit. DMG||When HP is above 90%, increases CRIT Rate by 28%.|
|5-Star||Freedom-Sworn||Elemental Mastery||Increases DMG by 20%. When the character triggers Elemental Reactions, they gain a Sigil of Rebellion. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s and can be triggered even if said character is not on the field. When you possess 2 Sigils of Rebellion, all of them will be consumed and all nearby party members will obtain "Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance" for 12s. "Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance" increases Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG by 32% and increases ATK by 40%. Once this effect is triggered, you will not gain Sigils of Rebellion for 20s.|
The 5-star Sword will benefit the party's damage output by buffing Layla's Teammates and increasing the weak damage of Layla's skills.
But giving a solid sword as Freedom Sworn to a supporting character looks a bit overkill.
For F2P weapons, Harbinger Dawn seems the most viable by increasing the strength of her shield, which is Layla's biggest asset.
However, against enemies with corrosion, the passive of this weapon will not be very useful.
Choosing the Favonius weapon for Layla is perhaps the simplest Sword to use, but Layla will not benefit entirely from the Generation of Particles of this weapon's passive.
Layla's Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Tenacity of the Millelith||Tenacity of Millelith||Sands: HP - Goblet: HP - Circlet: HP or EM|
|Substitute||Deepwood Memories||Deepwood Memories||Sands: HP - Goblet: HP - Circlet: HP or EM|
Tenacity of Millelith
The best artifacts for Layla are four pieces of the Tenacity of Millelith, which increase her Max HP and, therefore, the strength of her shield.
We recommend increasing her HP, but even when her Elemental Burst only required 40 particles, she will need some Energy Recharge as Layla is not in the field much time to collect the Cryo particles.
Travelers can also opt to build Layla with the Deepwood Memories if they have her in a team with Dendro Characters, as the passive of this set, use in support characters benefits the team.
Layla's Best Team Compositions
Layla's role in Genshin Impact meta seems similar to Zhongli and Diona, with a difference in style as Layla's Cryo application and Particles are spread during the entire rotation.
Layla will work well in teams of Permafrost and as a support for Eula's Burst Team. But perhaps the best team for Layla is the new Dendro - Cryo Teams.
Dendro - Cryo Teams
These new teams benefit from the fact that Dendro and Cryo have no elemental interaction; therefore, other elements can react with both at the same time.
For now, the best version for this time includes the Dendro Archon and Ganyu as the main DPS.
- Ganyu-charged attacks will benefit from Layla's shield with extra Cryo particles that characters like Zhongli don't provide.
- Nahida is the best Dendro character so far. She has a seamless Dendro Application and can also add a big chunk of damage to the team.
- Bennet is in this team for his ATK buff but also to Melt the ice and create Dendro-Pyro reactions.
- With the inclusion of Layla in this team, players can switch Bennet to other characters like Xiangling or Thoma.
- Layla has a simple job in this team, keeping her teammates alive while applying extra Cryo Reactions and providing more Particles.