Genshin Impact 2.8 is finally here and with it, we finally have the opportunity of getting Shikanoin Heizou, the new 4-star Anemo Character.
Heizou is a very interesting character that uses catalysts as a weapon but elects for more martial attacks in battle.
To get the most out of this unique character, we've prepared our Heizou build guide covering all of his best weapons, artifacts, and team compositions in Genshin Impact 2.8.
Who is Heizou in Genshin Impact?
Shikanoin Heizou is a young detective that works for the Tenryou Commission in Inazuma. He is the first male character to use a catalyst as a weapon.
- Being a catalyst user, Heizou infuses all his attacks with Anemo DMG, reducing enemies' defense with consistent swirl reactions.
- As a very versatile unit, Heizou can be used as a Damage Dealer or Support.
- Heizou's abilities have a very short cooldown and low energy cost, allowing players to spam
- The melee style of Heizou gives him an advantage of easier aiming compared with other catalyst characters.
- Holding and Charged attacks leave Heizou open to counterattacks which can cancel his Skills.
- Heizou's Elemental Skill pushes enemies away, reducing stamina efficiency.
- Heizou has an overall lower DMG output compared with many 5-star characters.
Best Weapons for Heizou
When it comes to weapons, there are several options viable for Heizou.
We will mention those that enhance his performance in the current best teams for him and those that help him as a support unit.
|4-Star||Sacrificial Fragments||Elemental Mastery||After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has an 80% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 16s.|
|4-Star||The Widsith||Crit. DMG||When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 120%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 96%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 480.|
Sacrificial Fragments / Mappa Mare
- For characters based on swirl reactions, Elemental Mastery will increase the DMG output, this is no exception for Heizou.
- Luckily the best options are F2P friendly, Sacrificial Fragments can be obtained in all banners and Mappa Mare is a Mondstadt craftable weapon.
- Both weapons have a similar performance in fast reactions teams like teaser team, with Sacrificial Fragment being slightly better.
The Widsith / Kagura's Verity
- The Widsith Catalyst allowed for a more traditional DMG build, with ATK, Crit. Rate & Crit. DMG without losing performance for Swirl Reactions.
- Better options for teams in which Heizou is not in the field for long periods of time.
- Most 5-star weapons are good, players just need to adjust artifacts base in the secondary stat of the catalyst. Kagura's Verity seems the best option.
Thrilling Tales of Slaying Dragons
- The 3-star catalyst is the best option for a full support build for Heizou.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.8: Heizou Farming Guide
Best Artifacts for Heizou
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Viridescent Venerer||Viridescent Venerer||Sands:EM - Goblet: Anemo DMG or EM - Circlet: EM|
|Substitute||Viridescent Venerer||Gladiator's Finale||Sands: ATK or EM - Goblet: Anemo DMG - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate|
For his build, Heizou is quite a straightforward character. The best set for him is 4 pieces of the Viridescent Venerer set.
Viridescent Venerer - Elemental Mastery
- For teams with fast attacks and a big amount of Elemental Reactions, the more Elemental Mastery you have, the better.
- The 4 pieces passive will increase Swirl DMG and reduce the Elemental Defense of enemies.
Viridescent Venerer - DPS build
- Heizou doesn't need to build Energy to Recharge. Therefore, players can focus on offensive stats instead.
- Overall this is a balanced build that can work in most team compositions. For players having problems getting good Venerer's pieces, 2 pieces of Gladiator's Finale can be swapped in instead.
Best Team Compositions for Heizou
Heizou is a very cohesive character, offering engaging battle mechanics and flexibility with a lot of options for weapons and artifact stats.
In a game with most characters having high energy cost abilities, Heizou opens interesting possibilities.
Electro Teaser w/ Double Hydro
The best team for Heizou is a composition that is very popular currently, Electro-teaser.
Considering how important healing is in the meta, adding Xingqiu or Kokomi will cover the survivability aspect of the team nicely.
- Despite Heizou DMG output not being very high, in this team, he will generate constant Swirl Reactions and reduce the defense of enemies for his teammates.
- Yelan is a great Hydro sub-DPS, with great outfield DMG and repositioning that will help with Heizou's Stamina woes when pushing enemies away.
- Alternatives: In case players don't have Yelan, Xingqiu is a good substitute option.
- Beidou or Yae Miko are also good alternatives.
- Heizou doesn't need a battery, therefore there is no need for an Elemental Enabler.
- The team requires at least one Electro character with good elemental application. With that, Beidou and Fischl are two great alternatives that most players have.
- Fischl will be the free character in Genshin Impact 2.8 main event.
- Other alternatives include Yae Miko and Raiden Shogun.
- Swirl reactions work very well with Electro-Charged, but this team is based on fast attacks for a long period of time, therefore layers are exposed to DMG.
- We recommend adding a character that can heal and offer good elemental application in this slot.
- The best option is Xingqiu, but Kokomi is also viable. Kuki Shinobu will also heal a bit while allowing for constant Electro Charge Reactions if you want to spice things up.
Heizou's fast attacks and constant elemental application will also fit well in a National Team.
It's important to note that in this composition, some Energy Recharge balance will be necessary, as Heizou is just decent in regard to Energy Particle generation.
SUB-DPS: Yelan, Xiangling
Support: Xingqiu, Raiden
With the arrival of Sumeru and the Dendro Element, we can expect Heizou an important member of other team compositions.
Heizou's Talent Priorities
Despite having an Elemental Burst with only 40 cost energy, the main source of Heizou DMG comes from his elemental skill.
Even when Heizou's skill set requires him to spend time in the field, with the appropriate, he can be a reliable support.
Therefore, focus on leveling up his Elemental Abilities first.
- First Talent Priority – Elemental Skill
- When used with full stacks, the ability Heartstopper Strike can score impressive numbers.
- Second Talent Priority – Elemental Burst
- Not a priority, but Heizou's burst will provide some crowd control therefore, spamming his burst constantly is the way to go.
- Having additional damage in an ability that will be used constantly is very convenient.
- Third Talent Priority – Normal/Charged/Plunged Attacks
- Being a Catalyst user, Heizou'd normal attacks are infused with Anemo.
- Increasing this talent to level 6 is very reasonable.