We are just hours away from a new update in Genshin Impact, and not just a regular patch. An entire new region, Sumeru, and the new Dendro element are just around the corner with the introduction of Genshin Impact 3.0.
With many new stories to tell, join us as we count down to the Genshin Impact 3.0 release time with all the latest news around the next update.
Genshin Impact 3.0 Release Time & Date
Genshin Impact 3.0 will go live on August 24, 2022 (server time) and it will run until September 27, 2022, one day before the Second Anniversary. Just be aware that this update will drop on August 23rd in many time zones, so don't miss launch!
This breaks down to the following release times in other time zones:
- August 23, 2022, 8 pm PST
- August 23, 2022, 11 pm EST
- August 24, 2022, 4 am GMT
Genshin Impact 3.0 Final Countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 3.0 NOW!
Genshin Impact 3.0 Server Downtime Schedule
Genshin Impact 3.0 Maintenance begins at 6 am Server Time on August 24, 2022.
The server's maintenance is estimated to take around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Genshin Impact 3.0 Banners
The Genshin Impact 3.0 Banners will break down into two phases, with a whopping four character banners, the most ever!
The first phase will feature one debut and the rerun of two 5-star characters.
- Viridescent Vigil will feature Tighnari - a 5-star Dendro Bow Character.
- Gentry of Hermitage will feature the rerun of Zhonglu – a 5-star Dendro Polearm Character.
The following 4-stars characters complete the banner.
The first weapon banner will feature one returning polearm and a new bow, the signature weapon for Tighnari.
Hunter's Path, a 5-star bow, the weapon will increase the damage of Elemental Reactions.
Vortex Vanquisher was intended to be the signature weapon for Zhongli, but in the current, it has low utility.
For the second phase of Genshin Impact 2.8, we will receive two reruns, Ganyu and Kokomi.
The Second Weapon Banner will feature the Amos' Bow and the catalyst Engulfing Lighting.
What is new in Genshin Impact 3.0?
- While we already visited the Golden Apples Archipelago once, we can expect an entirely new region this time around.
- We will get to explore an abandoned castle and 4 new domains.
- There are no new artifacts in this new update.
New Story Quests
- We will start a new Chapter of the Archon Story: Truth Amongst the Pages of Purana with not one but two Archon Quests.
- Chapter 1: Through Mists of Smoke and Forest Dark
- Chapter 2: The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings.
- Additionally, Tighnari's story Quest: Vulpes Zerda Chapter – Act I
- Main Event: Graven Innocence
- The event will combine world exploration and a story quest. Collei is the main character.
- Acara Crafts is a toy store in Port Ormos, in Sumeru. They are preoccupied with the hindered development of new toys.
- The event will be divided into 4 parts:
- By collecting Whimsical Drafts, players will the 4-star character Collei for Free and Serenitea Pot Furniture.
- Lost Treasure Rerun
- Lost Riches is an exploration event in Sumeru, in which we follow a treasure seeker Seelie.
- The mysterious Ulman is back, he left a map of treasure to find the Lost Riches in Sumeru.
- By the end of the event, we will get a Seelie to become our companion.
- Tablet Analytics
- Hajanad a Sumeru Alchemist is doing experiments with their Remelting Tablets, the traveler will help by using them in combat.
- In Tablet Analytics is an all-out battle event where you can use trial characters to beat three rounds of challenges in 7 trials
- Fayz Trials
- Combat challenge in which players will battle against infinite waves of enemies.
- Killing mobs charge up a new Gadget, a photo camera hat will take a Snapshot of enemies and show their weak points.
- Travelers can create potions to help them in battle, after collecting Fayz Tinctures.