Genshin Impact 2.7 has been a very exciting update, and the formula of combining the main event with the new Archon Story has brought plenty of awesome moments.
Yelan is also a very powerful character that is already shaking things up in the current meta, reflecting her influence in the current Spiral Abyss.
With 600 Primogems in the line, we have listed the top ten of the best characters to clear the Genshin Impact 2.7 of the current phase of the Spiral Abyss.
What is the Spiral Abyss in Genshin Impact?
The Spiral Abyss is Genshin Impact's endgame content. A Domain unlocked at Adventure Rank 20 located in Musk Reef.
The Spiral Abyss consists of two main parts:
- Abyss Corridor (Floors 1-8)
- Rewards from these floors can be obtained only once.
- Abyssal Moon Spire (Floors 9–12).
- The last floors refresh every 15 days, bringing new enemies, and the rewards are available again.
In the Spiral Abyss Moon Spire players requires two teams of 4 and the following special rules apply:
- No food or other consumables are available.
- Players can't change party members while fighting on each floor.
- Artifacts and Weapons can not be modified inside the Spiral Abyss.
- Each Floor is divided into two parts, and players can use only one team for each part.
The enemies on each floor change every two weeks, and players receive a different buff. Check the list here
Best Characters Spiral Abyss Version 2.7
The first phase of Spiral Abyss in Genshin Impact 2.7 is shifting the meta once more. The support dominance is back, with only two main DPS characters in the bottom of the top ten.
Yelan debuted instantly as part of the elite characters in the game. Her presence increased the viability of characters like Hu Tao who wasn't part of this list in a while.
10th - Hu Tao
Before the arrival of Inazuma, Hu Tao was the best DPS in the game and Vape teams were the most popular.
However, the introduction of enemies that inflict corrosion and ignore shield, displaced this powerful Pyro character.
With Yelan in the game, a new type of vape teams will become popular, bringing a double hydro instead of double Geo and Hu Tao will lead the prime of these teams.
Previous Position: 14
- Hu tao offers high DMG output during Charged Attacks and Elemental Burst.
- The DMG of Hu Tao scale with her max HP, therefore getting artifacts is easier than most characters.
- Hu Tao's Ascension Stat reaches 88.4% of Crit DMG at Lv. 90
- With high Base HP and DEF, and providing Crit. Rate to other party members, she is a valuable addition to most teams
- Lack of AoE attacks outside her Elemental Burst.
- Elemental Skill drains HP to boost her DMG, increasing the risk of dying in burst attacks.
9th - Ayaka
It seems the era of Freeze Teams is coming to an end. Nonetheless, Kamisato Ayaka manages to retain her position as the best DPS in the game.
Ayaka just starred in the longest active banner due to the delay of Genshin Impact 2.7, so how useful is she in current endgame content?
Previous Position: 3
- Ayaka's ascension status is Crit. DMG, complemented perfectly with the Crit. Rate of Cryo Resonance.
- Ayaka has a special sprint that allows her to go under the surface, and when she comes back, her normal attacks are infused with Cryo.
- Both her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst provide very high DMG output, and they are not very complicated.
- Ayaka is excellent at freezing enemies, and her high-burst DMG can take big bosses or mobs of enemies with ease.
- Ayaka lacks Crowd Control and offers no good support skills.
8th - Xingqiu
While Xingqiu is no longer irreplaceable, the young boy is a very viable support that can contribute some big damage as well.
Good at all levels of investment, Xingqiu is a great pickup for beginners and end-game players alike.
Previous Position: 6
- If someone deserves the Master of All traits title, it's Xingqiu. Even his Passive Talent is valuable, allowing players to regain talent books.
- His elemental skill provides powerful defensive and offensive outfield support while providing small healing.
- The Elemental Burst provides constant hydro application, increasing the damage with elemental reactions.
- He requires a couple of constellations to become a God-tier character and a Sacrificial Sword with 5 refinements.
7th - Yelan
Yelan is the newest character in Genshin Impact, and is taking the game by storm. She is fun to play, has a great character design, and is very powerful already.
Previous Position: N/A
- Her abilities provide Hydro Application, Buff damage, Crowd Control, and a very high DMG output, even in a support position.
- Yelan's fast pace and short cooldowns make her suitable for the rotation in most popular teams.
- The Hydro Element generates the most powerful elemental reactions in the game, and Yelan delivers well here.
- The artifact built for Yelan will make use of pieces that are normally discharged.
- Yelan's Elemental Burst Hydro Application is not very consistent if players don't have her constellation 2.
6th - Raiden Shogun
The Electro Archon is a well-rounded character whose only detriment is the lesser DMG made with Electro Elemental reactions.
But rumors indicate Electro will have a prominent role during the Dendro era.
Previous Position: 9
- Baal is a reliable and consistent Sub DPS. The best battery in the game, generating particles good for all elements.
- Raiden Shogun inflicts constant Electro application outfield, with high DMG output even with F2P weapons like the catch.
- Her Elemental Burst has a very long range, perfect to reach groups of enemies that are spread out.
- Can't cook any kind of food and doesn't work well with Beidou.
5th - Kokomi
Kokomi has passed from having the least popular banner to becoming a staple character, suitable for most teams.
The 5-star Hydro character can not crit but can tank, heal and apply the Hydro Element like very few others can, making her a valuable addition to plenty of team compositions.
Previous Position: 2
- Kokomi is the more potent healer in the game. In addition, Kokomi's survival skills are smooth, allowing her team to deploy their skills with ease.
- Kokomi is a great tank. She can be the punching bag during burst attacks from enemies.
- The elemental skill from Sangonomiya is a consistent source of Hydro Application.
- Kokomi DMG output is not significant on the last floors of the Spiral Abyss.
4th - Venti
The vessel of the Anemo Archon was absent in this top ten for a while, however, Hoyoverse decided to bring back big waves of enemies, and no one like Venti to pull them all together.
Venti returns to this list in the same position, confirming that the Archons are a good investment for endgame success.
Previous Position: 4
- Great Crowd Control, Elemental Burst groups up enemies and absorbs elements.
- A high generation of Energy Particles allows him to spam his abilities.
- Elemental Burst doesn't react well with enemies with elemental auras.
3rd - Zhongli
Spiral Abyss pass and Zhongli is still part of the best characters in the game. Despite the fact that Hoyoverse has nerfed shields in Genshin Impact, it seems the Geo Archon has more to offer.
Previous Position: 8
- Zhongli shield allows other characters to spam their abilities in the center of a group of enemies, increasing the damage.
- The elemental burst has a long AOE Geo DMG, that petrifies characters, and quickly takes down giant bosses' shields.
- The shield of Zhongli is the only ability that decreases the resistance to all elements and physical DMG from enemies.
- Low Energy Recharge Rate and Low Normal Attack DMG mean you'll have to be strategic.
2nd - Bennett
Bennett's attack boost in combination with healing made of him the character with the best utility.
Now, with the return of Vape Teams and National teams, becoming the most popular squads. Bennet is very important.
Previous Position: 5
- Bennett support abilities and Pyro elemental reactions can play along and buff every team/character
- Provides a powerful ATK buff based on his ATK and can heal up to 70% of a character's max health.
- His entire party enjoys increased damage during his elemental burst while they can spam their abilities protected with constant healing.
- His Constellation 6 is so bad that players must avoid it at all costs.
1st – Kazuha
Kazuha remains at the top of the list, as the wanderer samurai of Inazuma has the ability to power up most teams.
Unfortunately, only around 30% of layers have Kazuha in their roster. But that might change soon, when the first rerun of Kazuha arrive during Genshin Impact 2.8, almost a year after his debut.
Previous Position: 1
- Kazuha can spam his abilities, absorbing the element reaction to produce more DMG.
- His play style is very simple and enjoyable.
- Kazuha replaced Venti as the most popular Anemo character for:
- An effortless Elemental Burst ability
- Some low-investment weapons and artifacts
- Most people made the mistake of skipping his banner. So they do not have the character.