Hoyoverse has released a new Kamisato Ayat trailer just hours before the arrival of Genshin Impact 2.6.
The demo video, Kamisato Ayato: Fathomless Swirls in the Forest, takes place during the final battle against the Vision Hunt Decree.
The clip shows Ayato's abilities as a leader, excellent swordsmanship, and his dedication to his family. Here is everything we learned from the new trailer.
Kamisato Ayato Release Date
Azure Excursion, the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.6, will go live on March 30, 2022, and will be available until April 19, 2022
The Banner will feature Kamisato Ayato - a 5-star Hydro, Sword character, and the following 4-stars characters:
- Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User
- Sucrose - 4-star Anemo, Catalyst User
- Xianling - 4-star Pyro, Polearm UserFathomless Swirls in the Forest
Fathomless Forms in the Forest
The video showcases Kamisato Ayato's abilities, the 5-star Hydro sword user with an exquisite style and enormous AoE skills.
However, the video is also an alternative look at significant events of Genshin's impact storyline, so needless to say, spoilers ahead.
The Kamisato clan is the head of the Yashiro Commission, one of the three institutions ruling Inazuma. However, the clan worked against the vision hunt decree.
Being part of the Shogunate, the Kamisato Clan's opposition needed it to be secret.
- They distribute fake visions.
- Rescue prisoners, including Thoma.
- Help the traveler to reach the Electro Archon Chamber
However, all this time, it was never explained where was Ayato during all these events.
The Hero Behind the Curtain
The new trailer shows Kamisato Ayato commanding the Shuumatsuban in an undercover operation.
The Shuumatsuban is a unique force with well-trained warriors that protect the interest of the Yashiro Commission. Sayu is a member of the Shuumatsuban.
We can tell all the events in the video are happening simultaneously while the traveler is facing Signora and the Electro Archon.
Here is how the stories are interconnected:
- Ayato, use the detonation of Yoimiya's Fireworks as a cover.
- Kamisato Ayato's operation is to let a troupe of the Resistance access the Tenshukaku (Raiden Shogun Palace)
- The troupe is led by Gorou, Kazuha, and Watatsumi Soldiers.
- Ayato knew about the Fatui plot, and he was waiting for agents in the back front.
- Sayu is part of the forces taking down the guards in the Tenshukaku.
- The guards stunned by the Shuumatsuban are the ones the traveler ran into after the battle against La Signora was over.
At the end of the video, we find out that no one besides the Shuumatsuban knows about Ayato's plan, not even Ayaka.
The Kamisato little brother knew that intervening in Raiden Shogun affairs was risking his position as the Head of the Yashiro Commission and his family.
That is why Ayato was nowhere to be found during the crucial battles.