Genshin Impact continues rising as one of the most popular games worldwide, and it's only getting better with each update.
With Genshin Impact 2.3 now live, here are four of the biggest things to look out for!
Albedo and Noelle buffs
The biggest winner in the upcoming patch is the Alchemist Albedo. He was already a good character before Genshin Impact 2.3, but a lot of new content will increase his viability even more.
- Cinnabar Spindle
- This 4-star sword is tailor-made for Albedo, considering his damage scale with Defense.
- The weapon and refine materials will be free in the event: Shadows Amidst Snowstorms.
- Husk of Opulent Dreams
- This new artifact set will benefit characters which damage escalated with Defense, such as Albedo and Arataki Itto
- Gorou Geo Booster
- The release of Gorou later this patch is also an indirect buff to Albedo DMG. The general of Sangonomiya, unique ability is to reward Geo characters in his team.
Noelle is in a similar position, considering most veterans must have high constellations. With the difference, she is free to play. However, she will not benefit from the Cinnabar Spindle.
The First Double Banner
Genshin Impact 2.3 introduces two Character Banners at the same time for the first time in the game's history.
Eula's Born of Ocean Swell and Albedo's Secretum Secretorum banners will also go live on November 24, 2021.
Even though they will look similar, these are two different banners releasing at the same time.
Double banners will follow these mechanics:
- Both Banners will feature the same 4-star characters. Bennet, Noelle, and Rosaria.
- The Character Banner and the New Banner will use the same currency: Intertwined Fates.
- Both Banners, Albedo's and Eula's, share the same Pity system and the same 50/50.
- These pity counts are independent of other types of Banners, Standard Wish or Weapon Event Wish.
Genshin Impact 2.3 will see 4 Geo characters featured in character banners. Albedo and Noelle will come in the first half of the patch, and we will then see new characters Arataki Itto and Gorou in the last half.
Just yesterday, miHoYo also announced there is a new Geo character coming, Yunjin. With this, Geo will surely play a big role in the future meta.
New Content, Slow Pace
While we have a new story quest for Albedo and Arataki Itto, the new content will definitively slow down in Genshin Impact 2.3
- Genshin Impact 2.3 will go back to Dragonspine. Unfortunately, this means we do not have a new region to explore.
- It is an update packed with events, but at least half are reruns or second parts of already existent events.
- With no new regions, players can expect fewer Primogems and more repetitive tasks.
- Genshin 2.3 will be another patch where veterans players do not receive long-term end-game content.
- More old players are reaching 60 Adventure Rank, which is the maximum World Level.
- The spiral abyss is the most challenging content out, however, most players usually clear all levels in a couple of hours.
With this, the most elite Genshin Impact players will still be stuck waiting for a steeper challenge.
To catch up with the rest of the changes and new additions in the latest update, here's everything you need to know for Genshin Impact 2.3