It seems we are getting a Genshin Impact 2.3 patch full of Geo characters, with the possibility of Albedo re-run and the confirmation of two new Geo Boys, it's going to be a massive one for players to farm up for.
One of the two new Geo heroes is a familiar face Gorou, the general of Inazuma's Resistance. Here's our farming guide for the Canine Warrior.
Based on the previous updates, we expect the Genshin Impact 2.3 update to go live on Wednesday, November 24th, 2021, on server time.
- The server's maintenance will be around five hours.
- Players will be rewarded with 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Gorou and Arataki Itto will be released as part of the second banner in Genshin Impact 2.3. This is approximated to be on December 13th, 2021.
Here's an interesting character, part of the Sangonomiya's army that fought against Baal's Vision Hunt Decree.
Also known as the Canine Warrior, Gorou is the first Geo bow-user, which has piqued many players' interest.
These are the ascension materials for Gorou:
Perpetual Heart, character level up material, dropped by the Perpetual Mechanical Array a boss introduced in Genshin Impact 2.0
- This boss is located in a cave under the ocean in Jinren Island, Inazuma.
- Players need x46 Perpetual Hearts for a Lvl 90 Gorou.
- The Perpetual Mechanical Array drops 2-3 of these materials once it is defeated for a cost of 40 resins.
Sango Pearl is a specialty of Watatsumi Island, pink pearls that players can pick from corals spread on the island.
- Players need x168 Sango Pearls for a Lvl 90 Gorou.
- There are currently x43 Sango Pearls that refresh every 48hrs.
- Unlock the Palace in a Pool domain for the Sango Pearls in the area.
Specters, players can find these enemies in Inazuma; after being defeated, they drop Spectral Husk, Spectral Heart, and Spectral Nucleus.
- Players can find these enemies in Watatsumi Island and Seirai Island.
- x18 Spectral Husk, x30 Spectral Heart, and x36 Spectral Nucleus are needed to level up Gorou to Lvl 90
- Gorou is the third Character that requires eliminating Specters to level up.
- Check our guide about Specters and where to find them
- Light Series, talent-level up Items that players can obtain in the domain, Violet Court, on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- To max Gorou's Talents, players need to collect:
- 9 Teachings of Light,
- 63 Guide to Light
- 114 Philosophies of Light
- La Signora, the Fatui diplomat weekly boss, will drop Molten Moment when defeated.
- Gorou needs 18 of these Molten for max Talents.
Gorou is most likely to be a supporting character, the set of Noblesse Oblige will buff his teammates.
Gorou will also take great advantage of 4 pieces of Archaic Petra. In case he is dropping shield shards similar to Ningguang. In that case, 35% attack buff and extra Geo DMG will be an exciting build.
Two pieces of Noblesse Oblige and two Pieces of Archaic Petra is another option.
Additionally, players need Prithiva Topaz, common crafting material for Geo Characters, and tons of Mora to level up Gorou to the highest level.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.3: Gorou Abilities and Constellations Revealed
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact and More page.