Gorou is finally a playable character in Genshin Impact 2.3, the 4-star Bow character is a fundamental piece of the so-called Geo revolution.
The element never had a prominent role as it does now, with weapons, artifacts, and with 3 of the last 5 new characters with a Geo vision.
Here's how to get the best out of Gorou with his best weapons, artifacts, and party composition.
Oni's Royale, the third character banner in Genshin Impact 2.3, will arrive on December 14, 2021.
Already available in the Asian Server, the banner will be available around 3:00 p.m. PT and 6:00 p.m. EST.
Oni's Royale features Gorou a 4-star Geo bow user and Arataki itto, a 5-star Geo Claymore Character.
The chances to obtain the following 4-stars characters are increased as well.
- Barbara, a 4-star Catalyst User
- Xianling, a 4-star Polearm User
Who is Gorou?
Gorou, loyal to Sangonomiya Kokomi, leads the resistance against the Vision Hunt as their General. He is Inhabitant of Watatsumi Island.
- As a playable character, Gorou is a 4-star Geo Bow User with huge support potential, especially in the company of other Geo characters.
- The abilities of Gorou escalate directly from the amount of his total DEF.
- Gorou will provide three different buffs depending on the number of Geo characters in the party.
- Gorou's support is outstanding. However, they seem niche, considering he is stronger the more Geo characters are in the team, he is stronger.
Gorou Best Weapons
|4-Star||Favonius Warbow||Energy Recharge||CRIT hits have a 100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 6s.|
|4-Star||Sacrificial Bow||Energy Recharge||After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 80% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 16s.|
- This is the best weapon available in the current version for Gorou. The extra particles and energy recharge will allow Gorou to cast his skills often.
- Another F2P friendly option. The bow can provide the refresh of Gorou's Abilities every 16s.
- However, the ATK base of this weapon is relatively low, which is critical to keep in mind as Geo has no elemental reaction multipliers.
Early in the patch, there are still chances to receive a Bow with DEF stats similar to Cinnabar Spindle or Redhorn Stonethresher - but we'll have to wait and see if one comes.
Gorou Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Husk of opulent dreams||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Sands: DEF% or ER - Goblet: Geo DMG Bonus - Circlet: DEF%|
|Substitute||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Emblem of Severed Fate||Sands: DEF% or ER - Goblet: Geo DMG Bonus - Circlet: DEF%|
- This new artifact set is the best option considering Gorou Abilities will strengthen with the 30% DEF and the extra Geo DMG.
- However, despite having a clear option, the most challenging part of building Gorou is obtaining Artifact, considering his best teammates require very similar pieces.
Emblem of Severed Fate
- Gorou's abilities have a high energy cost, 2 pieces from this set will help reduce this issue. However, again, this set is in High Demand.
- The bright side is that DEF stats are unnecessary for other characters using this set.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.3 Gorou Farming Guide
Gorou's Best Teammates
|Sub DPS||Raiden Shogun||Geo|
Gorou is not only the leader of the Watasumi Army, but he will also lead the future mono Geo Team. Despite being in the support position, the buffs that provided to the team made him the cornerstone of the Geo Team.
Noelle and Itto share a similar playstyle. Therefore, teams can use either of them as the main DPS. In the case of Elemental Reactions, Zhong-Li and Albedo will do a similar job. Pick the one you are more comfortable with.
In the last spot, you can go either for a Physical DMG sub DPS in the last spot like Eula, Beidou, or Sayu. However, the considerable amount of particles that Raiden Shogun generates will focus more on Attacking stats in artifacts and less Energy Recharge.
It is possible to explore Gorou out of Geo team compositions, considering he provides one buff and is the only Geo in the team. Although, that will depend on how good are his multipliers.
Gorou is very straightforward support, level-up his Elemental Skill Inuzaka All-Round Defense first. Follow by his Elemental Burst Juuga: Forward Unto Victory.
Increase his Basic Attack to level 6 max eventually.