Genshin Impact 2.2 is almost here, and new details keep on trickling in. We already know the characters for the first banner - and that's not all!
We also know the Bows, Catalyst, and Swords featured in the first Weapon Banner, and you don't want to miss these drops.
Release Time and Schedule
Genshin Impact Update 2.2 Into the Perilous Labyrinth of Fog goes live on:
- October 13th, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. Server Time.
- October 12, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. PDT
- October 12, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. EST
Servers will be down for around five hours. Players will receive 300 Primogems as compensation. The maintenance starts on:
- October 13, 2021, at 6:00 a.m. server time
- October 12, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. PDT
- October 12, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. EST
Players from PC and Mobile can preload Genshin 2.2 now for a faster update.
Genshin Impact 2.2 Weapon Banner
We have two five-star weapons for the first banner of the upcoming patch. Memory of Dust and the new bow Polar Star.
|5-star||Pola Star||Bow||Crit Rate||Daylight's Augury: Elemental Skill and Burst DMG increased. After an attack hits an opponent, 1 stack of Ashen Nightstar will be gained for 12s. When 1/2/3/4 stacks of Ashen Nightstar are present, ATK is increased by 10/20,30,48%. The stack of Ashen Nightstar created by the Normal Attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst will be counted independently of the others.|
|5-star||Memory of Dust||Catalyst||ATK||Golden Majesty: Increases Shield Strength by 40%. Hitting opponents increases ATK by 8% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. (every 0.3s). While protected by a shield, the ATK effect is increased by 100%.|
- Polar Star is an excellent bow for characters that main damage comes from single attacks.
- Best for Childe, Yoimiya.
- Memory of Dust, this weapon is good if you play catalyst users as the main DPS due to the increase of ATK. However, her full potential is with a Geo character.
- Best for Ningguang, Yanfei.
This banner will include Akuoumaru, a new 4-star claymore, and the rerun of Rust (Bow), Favonius Sword (Sword), Favonius Lance (Polearm), Eye of Perception (Catalyst).
|4 Star||Akuoumaru||Claymore||ATK||For every point of the entire party's combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12%. A maximum of 40% increased Elemental Burst DMG.|
|4 Star||Rust||Bow||ATK||Increases Normal Attack DMG by 80% but decreases Charged Attack DMG by 10%.|
|4 Star||Favonius Lance||Polearm||Energy Recharge||CRIT hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.|
- Akuoumaru, this weapon will reward parties with high energy recharge like the teams built around the Electro Archon.
- Best for Beidou, Xinyan.
- Rust is the best F2P option for DPS bow users, except Ganyu depends on her Charged Attacks.
- Best for K. Sara, Fischl
- Favonious Lance, not many include Energy Recharge as a primary stat. Perfect for those that don't have The Catch.
- Best for Baal, Xianling.
More Genshin Impact 2.2 Weapons.
Players can expect two more new weapons for the upcoming update. However, we don't have significant details concerning the Release Date and how to obtain them.
- Mouun's Moon (Bow), 4-star, is described as a lovely War-bow made out of seashells and coral; the weapon was used by Watatsumi shrine maiden.
- Stat: ATK
- Passive: Every point of the entire party's combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12%. A maximum of 40% increased Elemental Burst DMG.
- Wavebreaker's Fin (Polearm) 4 stars - The naginata of Umigozen, forged from luminescent material from the ocean depths in Watatsumi.
- Stat: ATK
- Passive: Every point of the entire party'sWavebreaker's combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12%. A maximum of 40% increased Elemental Burst DMG.
Polar Star Ascencion Material
If you plan to pull the new 5-star bow, Polar Star, miHoYo announced the ascension materials required to level up this weapon.
For leveling up the Pole Star, players need to farm.
- Mask of the Court of Flowing Sand Domain
- Concealed Materials from the Rifsthounds (new enemies)
- Spectral Materials from the Specters.