Thoma is finally a playable character, with the recent launch of the second banner Moment of Bloom in Genshin Impact 2.2!
The new 4-star Pyro Polearm User has proven to be a valuable support character and a great partner for Hu Tao.
Here's our farming guide for getting your materials ready to play Thoma as soon as possible for those wishing on this charismatic character!
Thoma is part of the second banner in the Genshin Impact 2.2 version. That was released on November 3, 2021.
The Banner Moment of Bloom features the following characters:
- Hu Tao: 5-Star Pyro Polearm
- Thoma: 4-Star Pyro Polearm
- Diona: 4-Star Cryo Bow
- Sayu: 4-Star Anemo Claymore
Farming Guide for Thoma
These are the ascension materials for Thoma:
Smoldering Pearl, character level up material, dropped by the Pyro Hypostasis, a new boss introduced in Genshin Impact 2.0
- This boss is located in the North of Kannazuka Island, with a cost of 40 resins. Make sure to bring a Hydro Character.
- Players need x46 Smoldering Pearl for a Lvl 90 Thoma.
- Pyro Hypostasis drops 2-3 of these materials once it is defeated.
Fluorescent Fungus is a specialty of Tsurumi Island, the last of the Inazuma regions revealed in Genshin Impact 2.2.
- Players need x168 Fluorescent Fungus for a Lvl 90 Thoma.
- We don't have the location of Fluorescent Fungus yet, but we can speculate they will be concentrated around Tsurumi Island.
- We can't discard the possibility this can be grown in the Serenitea pot as well.
Treasure Hoarder, a widespread enemy in the game that once they are defeated drops, Treasure Hoarder Insignia, Silver Raven Insignia, and Gold Raven Insignia.
- Players can find these enemies in Liyue and Inazuma
- x18 Treasure Hoarder Insignia, x30 Silver Raven Insignia, and x36 Gold Raven Insignia are needed to level up Thoma to Lvl 90.
- Attack camp of Treasure Hoarders to obtain Treasure Hoarder Insignia, Silver Raven Insignia, and Gold Raven Insignia. Setting daily commissions in Liyue is also a good option for getting these materials faster.
- Transience Series are talent level-up material players can obtain in the domain, Violet Court on Monday, Thursday, Sunday.
- 9 Teachings of Transience, 63 Guide to Transience, and 114 Philosophies of Transience are needed to level Thoma's Talents to the max.
- La Signora, the Fatui diplomat weekly boss, will drop Hellfire Butterflies when defeated. Thoma needs 18 of these butterflies for max Talents.
Thoma's most distinctive ability is the creation of a very resistant Pyro shield with ease, using both, Elemental skill and Elemental Burst.
However, Thoma can suffer from the high cost of his abilities. So We recommend getting a complete set of four pieces set of Emblem of Severed Fate.
Another option will be two pieces of Emblem of Severed Fate and two pieces Tenacity of Tenacity of Millelith with HP and Energy Recharge stats.
With the difference, Thoma is a support that can Crit. There is no need to discard, Crit. Rate and Crit. DMG artifacts
Additionally, players need Agnidus Agate, common crafting material for Pyro Characters, and tons of Mora to level up Thoma to the highest level.