Thoma, the famous Housekeeper of the Kamisato Clan, is back sooner than expected.
Featured in the future Yae Miko banner, Thoma is back just three patches after his initial release. Players will have a second chance to get the 4-star Pyro Polearm user in Genshin Impact 2.5.
Here is our guide to take the best advantage of his support abilities and great shield.
Guuji of the Grand Shrine the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.5 will go live on February 16, 2022, and will be available until March 9, 2022.
- Dionna - 4-star Cryo, Bow User
- Fischl - 4-star Electro, Bow User.
Who is Thoma?
Thoma is an exile from Mondstadt that found his place in the high spheres of Inazuma, working as the housekeeper of the Kamisato Clan.
He is also well known for being a fixer and negotiator of public affairs. Thoma was destined to set an example, being the 100th person in Genshin Impact, and has joined the fight against the Vision Hunt Decree after losing his own.
- He is a 4-star Pyro Polearm user with great support defensive capabilities.
- Thoma's Elemental Skill provides a unique shield that DMG Absorption stack from previous shields.
- Thoma's Elemental Burst provides a shield that stacks with previous shields and deals with Pyro DMG similar to Xingqiu Swords.
- He is a very viable support considering his ability to generate outfield elemental reactions and a powerful shield.
- His damage is far from impressive, and his burst is costly in terms of energy.
Staff of Homa
Reckless Cinnabar HP increased by 20%. Additionally, it provides ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK Bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.
For every point of the entire party's combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12%. A maximum of 40% increased Elemental Burst DMG can be achieved this way.
Staff of Homa
- Simplest is one of the best polearms in Genshin Impact, besides boosting Thoma's Burst will also give more strength to his shield with the extra HP.
- Keep in mind this is a 5-star exclusive weapon on the gacha system, so not everyone will have access to it.
- This new weapon is quite good, rewarding teams with high energy recharge and boosting Thoma's burst damage capabilities.
- Wavebreaker's Fin is also a good option for a Sub DPS Thoma.
- Another Genshin Impact F2P option, this weapon will provide Energy Recharge so players can build artifacts with more DMG.
- This weapon is very competitive, considering it is a better option for Raiden and Xiangling.
Thoma's Best Artifacts
Embem of Severed Fate
Emblem of Severed Fate
Sands: HP - Goblet: Pyro DMG - Circlet: Crit Rate
Emblem of Severed Fate
Tenacity of the Millelith
Sands: Energy Recharge - Goblet: Pyro DMG - Circlet: Crit Rate
- Emblem of Severed Fate this set will address Thoma's suffering from the high cost of his abilities.
- Players can decide to focus more on Damage Stats or more HP for stronger Shield.
- Tenacity of Millelith will increase Thoma HP by 20% with two pieces. Consider this the best alternative if you do not have great stats.
Thoma's Best Team
Thoma is the best companion for Hu Tao. His shield will allow Hu Tao to play with low HP efficiently while receiving extra particles and elemental resonance.
Even his shield and DMG are not as consistent as Zhong-Li, he is a suitable replacement Plug and Play for the Geo Archon. Moreover, considering Thoma enables strong Elemental reaction.
Thoma is also a good companion for Raiden Shogun, buffing her damage with his high-cost Burst. However, their needs for weapons and artifacts might overlap.
Thoma is a Support character, so we recommend leveling up his Normal Attacks as the last priority. Blazing Barrier should be players' priority, followed by Scorching Ooyoroi
Thoma is available in the current Character Banner until November 23, 2021 - so don't miss your opportunity to bring him to your party!