Sangonomiya Kokomi is back in Genshin Impact 2.5. Her banner, Drifting Luminescence, is going live during the beginning of the second phase of Ver. 2.5
Players have a second chance to pull for Kokomi, a very relevant character in the current state of the game.
Drifting Luminescence, the third banner of Genshin Impact 2.5, is available from March 8, 2022, and will be available until March 29, 2022.
The following 4-stars characters complete the banner:
- Bennet- 4-star Pyro, Sword User
- Kujou Sara - 4-star Electro, Bow User
- Xinyan - 4-star Pyro, Claymore User
Who is Sangonomiya Kokomi?
Kokomi is the priestess of Sangonomiya Shrine in Watatsumi Island. She is also the resistance leader that is fighting against the Vision Hunter Decree.
- Strong outfield healing abilities with a consistent hydro application.
- Kokomi -100% Crit Rate, allow players to use pieces from a different pool of artifacts.
- Her best weapons are F2P friendly, and players can use different artifacts sets.
- A character with high HP, very durable during battle, plus Kokomi has a high resistance to interruption.
- Low DMG output, due to the inability to Crit.
- High Energy Cost Elemental Burst.
- Heal more than necessary at the cost of her DMG.
Kokomi as Support
One of the biggest problems with Kokomi is players trying to build her as a DMG dealer, which is possible with a very high cost to be an average DPS.
However, Kokomi is excellent considering new enemies ignore shields and deal with DMG over time. In meta where Cryo is king, Hydro characters are the perfect partners to Freeze opponents.
|5-Star||Everlasting Moonglow||HP||Healing Bonus increased by 10%, Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon. For 12s after using an Elemental Burst, Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.6 Energy. Energy can be restored this way once every 0.1s.|
|3-Star||Trilling Tales of Dragon Slayer||HP||When switching characters, the new character taking the field has their ATK increased by 24% for 10s. This effect can only occur once every 20s.|
- Everlasting Moonglow, the weapon custom-made for Kokomi, will boost her healing damage even more, though it won't be easy to cycle to other characters.
- Trilling Tales of Dragon Slayer is a 3-star catalyst that most players have with refinement 5, which will provide Kokomi with extra HP and buff her role as an elemental reaction enabler.
- The weapon is the BIS for a support Kokomi. For many players, this is a better option than the signature weapon.
Kokomi Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Tenacity of the Millelith||Tenacity of the Millelith||Sands: HP% - Goblet: Hydro DMG or HP% - Circlet: Healing Bonus or HP%|
|Substitute||Ocean-Hued Clam||Tenacity of Millelith||Sands: HP% - Goblet: Hydro DMG or HP% - Circlet: Healing Bonus or HP%|
Kokomi Artifact built is pretty straightforward. The more HP she has, the stronger Kokomi becomes. Players need to avoid artifacts with Crit. Rate and Crit. DMG stats as they are wasted in Kokomi.
There are two artifacts set that are more suitable, but there are things to consider for both.
The set will provide extra HP that will increase DMG and Healing for Kokomi, and 4 pieces will buff the ATK of teammates by 20%.
However, the Domain is not the best to send resin. The artifacts are very niche. Suitable for Kokomi and Physical DMG dealers like Eula.
The set was designed to be the signature Artifacts for Kokomi, the Ocean-Hued Clam, boost healing bonus and inflict DMG based on the healing.
The artifact is good but is focused on a DPS Kokomi, which is not very convenient. But the domain is good, considering that most of the Mono Geo Team need artifacts from this domain.
The best choice is to build from the domain that is more convenient for your entire roster. Even a combination of 2 pieces, Tenacity and 2 Pieces of Ocean Clam, can work.
Kokomi Best Team
Like support with Hydro application, Kokomi is displacing Mona in Permafrost teams, a composition that is dominating the game.
With more Electro Characters introduced in the Game, Kokomi, with high DMG, is an exciting option in Teaser Teams.
Ayaka Freeze Team
Ayaka and Shenhe's partnership formed an improved version of Permafrost teams. Although healing is not very necessary in a team where enemies are constantly frozen.
In the game's current state, playing without a healer leaves tiny room for error—the reason why Kokomi is becoming more popular in this team.
- Ayaka is the Cryo character that is taking more advantage of the line-up of big bosses and Shenhe's abilities.
- Ganyu can also be used in this team with almost equivalent results.
- Shenhe is a potent partner for Cryo characters. With Kokomi in the team, players can risk letting Diona out and choosing Shenhe.
- Diona is a great alternative, especially with Constellations 6.
- Venti low cooldown and grouping abilities are very viable when it is necessary to freeze all enemies simultaneously.
- Swirls reaction will add a considerable amount of DMG. Kazuha and Sucrose can be a viable alternative.
- Kokomi will keep teammates safe with constant healing, and her elemental skill is a continuous source of Hydro Application necessary the freeze enemies.
- Mona is a good alternative.
The team relies on the DMG of Electro-Charged Reaction produced with the elemental reaction of Electro and Hydro.
Kokomi can play the role of Sub-DPS, alternating with Raiden or Yae Miko for burst DMG. With ease, she will electrocute enemies as her normal attacks are infused with hydro.
- Yae Miko and Raiden Shogun are the best options for this team.
- However, Fischl and Beidou are F2P options that will produce decent results.
- This spot is reserved for a second Electro Character, the choice is flexible, Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun, Fischl, Kujou Sara can work well.
- Beidou with constellation is very strong but keep in mind her elemental burst will not work with Raiden Shogun.
- The second important factor to consider in this team is the presence of robust Hydro Application.
- The electro element doesn't have a healer; therefore, Kokomi's healing abilities provide Electro Charged reaction and keep the team alive.
- Kamisato Ayato will be a possible alternative, although the team will still need a healer.
- Swirl reactions work very well with Electro-Charged, so the ideal support for this team is Anemo Characters.
- Kazuha is the best option. However, Sucrose and Venti work very well as well.
- Ayato can replace the Anemo character in the future, bringing the extra particles from the Hydro Resonance. Suitable for Teaser teams without Raiden Shogun.