The latest update for Genshin Impact, the 1.3 update, is coming later today..
1.3 will be one of the biggest updates yet with new characters, events, nerfs, buffs and more.
Here is everything you need to know ahead of the start of 1.3.
Latest News - Zhongli To Get Huge Buff
While all eyes are firmly on Xiao, there is another character that deserves attention when the 1.3 update goes live.
According to the patch notes, Zhongli is set to receive a major buff in the next patch.
When Zhongli was released he immediately felt very underwhelming to use.
But now his Geo abilities are set to be buffed, along with a few other changes too.
Adjustments to holding Zhongli's Elemental Skill "Dominus Lapidis":
- Causes nearby Geo energy to explode, causing the following effects:
- If their maximum number hasn't been reached, creates a Stone Stele.
- Creates a shield of jade. The shield's DMG Absorption scales based on Zhongli's Max HP. Possesses 150% DMG Absorption against all Elemental and Physical DMG.
- Characters protected by the Jade Shield will decrease the Elemental RES and Physical RES of opponents in a small AoE by 20%. This effect cannot be stacked.
- Deals AoE Geo DMG.
- If there are nearby targets with the Geo element, it will drain a large amount of Geo element from a maximum of 2 such targets. This effect does not cause DMG.
Adjustments to Zhongli's second Ascension Talent "Dominance of Earth":
- Zhongli deals bonus DMG based on his Max HP
- Normal Attack, Charged Attack, and Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 1.39% of Max HP.
- Dominus Lapidis' Stone Stele, resonance, and hold DMG is increased by 1.9% of Max HP.
- Planet Befall's DMG is increased by 33% of Max HP.
- Optimizes Zhongli's animation under "Weapons" on the Character Screen.
- Geo Shields are adjusted from having "250% Geo DMG Absorption" to having "150% Physical DMG and Elemental DMG Absorption."
The Genshin Impact 1.3 Updates comes with plenty of content which can leave players lost in when things will actually go live.
A Reddit user in the Genshin Impact subreddit compiled a brief schedule to make things easier to follow along:
- 2/2: Maintenance (300 primos)
- 2/3: Xiao Banner
- 2/3: Lantern-Lit Sky (Battlepass)
- 2/3: Five Flushes of Fortune (Kamera event)
- 2/10: Lantern Rite Events (primos and other rewards)
- 2/10: Stand By Me (pick a 4 star)
- 2/10: Theater Mechanicus Event
- 2/11: May Fortune Find You (login event, 10 intertwined fate total through event)
- 2/17: Keqing Banner
- 2/19: Wish Upon a Lantern Event (primos listed in rewards)
- 2/25: Night Sky's Grace (login event, 3 intertwined fate and 2 fragile resin total through event)
- 2/26: Ley Line Overflow
The Genshin Impact 1.3 update will be launching on Wednesday, February 3rd 2021, although for the west this will be the evening before on February 2nd.
Downtime for the 1.3 update will begin at 6am UTC+8 on February 3rd.
This will be 5pm EST/10pm GMT on Tuesday, February 2nd for western players.
Ahead of the 1.3 update the official trailer has been released.
You can check it out below.
The patch notes for the 1.3 update have been released in advance.
These are some of the biggest we've seen so far, with so many new details and additions to the game including new characters, events and many changes, nerfs and buffs.
They would be far too long to post here, so click here to read the full patch notes and everything you can expect from the next update.
Pre-load for the 1.3 update is now live, allowing players to install the update in advance so they are ready to jump straight back in as soon as downtime ends.
This is perfect if your internet connection is slow.
Pre-load is only available for PC and mobile, there doesn't seem to be a pre-load option for PS4/PS5.
The newest character coming to the game with the next update is Xiao.
Xiao is a 5-star Anemo who uses a Polearm for the weapon.
Here is some more information on Xiao,
A yaksha adeptus who defends Liyue. Also heralded as the "Conqueror of Demons" and "Vigilant Yaksha."
Elemental Skill "Lemniscatic Wing Cycling": Xiao instantly lunges forward, dealing DMG to enemies in his path. This maneuver can also be executed in mid-air.
Elemental Burst "Bane of All Evil": Xiao dons the Yaksha's Mask, giving him enhanced abilities at the cost of draining his health: He deals increased DMG, attacks are converted to Anemo DMG, and his jumping ability is greatly increased.
The seasonal event for the 1.3 update is Lantern Rites.
The event runs from February 3rd when the update goes live, starting off with "Invitation to Mundane Life", before switching to "Dance of Lanterns" on February 17th.
To celebrate Chinese New Year, the Genshin Impact 1.3 update will kick off with the Lantern Rites event.
"Travelers will have the chance to immerse themselves in every aspect of this historic Liyue tradition, from the preparations in the days leading up to the event to the celebrations on the big day itself.
Participation will be richly rewarded, with over 1,600 Primogems, a free four-star Liyue character, and other rewards on offer to help you fully prepare for the year ahead — whatever adventures it may bring."
A Nintendo Switch port of the game was expected to launch in September when Genshin Impact came out of beta.
Unfortunately, this version was delayed and so far there has been no official release date set.
It is expected to be announced after the Genshin Impact 1.3 update with the beta beginning in early 2021 and an expected full release in mid-late 2021.
Genshin Impact - All You Need To Know
Genshin Impact has been an utter revelation since it launched. This open-world action role-playing game developed and published by miHoYo was derided when first revealed. A Zelda Breath of the Wild clone many cried. Nintendo fans even smashed up a PS4 in anger!
But here we are. This free, multiplayer, and fully cross-platform game is arguably one of the biggest break out hits from 2020. Whilst it might not be coming to Xbox or Nintendo Switch anytime soon, it's certainly grown a massive fanbase very quickly!
But if you're looking to start out, you'll need to know some of the fundamentals. For starters, here's some of the best Genshin Impact builds for new players.
Looking to the future, we should start hearing more about the next Genshin Impact 1.4 update pretty soon, since so many details have already leaked ahead of time.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact page.