Codemasters has dropped the latest patch for F1 2020, the 1.13 update.
What has Codemasters fixed? Let's have a look.
F1 2020 Update 1.13 Patch Notes
On November 16th Codemasters released the 1.13 update for F1 2020, mainly focusing on fixes for the game, as well as adding a few quality of life changes.
Codemasters have added a few small quality of life changes to the game, just to make the racing experience a bit more enjoyable for players.
- Added an option to allow the player to choose their preferred commentary language.
- Penalties are now shown on the HUD (both in-race and spectator mode).
- The customisable car now has 11 slots for sponsor decals.
A few changes to the My Team mode with this update. Players have been reporting issues with the mode so it is good to see Codemasters taking action and getting them fixed.
- Fixed an issue that meant the player could not sign Lewis Hamilton despite meeting all the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that caused Facilities to reset.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Facilities progress bar to disappear.
Losing your number 1 driver is never a good thing, it is a good thing the issue has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause teams to drop their number 1 driver if the player signs for them.
- Fixed an issue that caused blue flags to disappear after using a Mid-Session Save.
Multiplayer has seen quite a lot of changes with this update.
Various fixes and quality of life changes have been made to make online competition better than it ever has been.
- Changes have been made to reduce the chance of being disconnected from a game session.
- Fixed an issue that caused a host with a slow connection to start the race before other players.
- Fixed an issue in Weekly Events that caused all players to exit the session after a host migration.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when skipping through cut scenes after retiring from a Weekly Event qualifying session.
- Fixed an issue in Leagues that caused results to not submit following the completion of a session.
- Fixed an issue where camera functionality would be restricted when re-joining an online session.
- Added countdown lights when taking control of your car on track after re-joining a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AI to have unrealistic lap times following a host migration.
- Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
Here is a list of other changes and fixes that apply across all game modes.
- The Race Director will now correctly show the tyre used to set a lap time in practice sessions.
- Players will no longer receive a corner-cutting warning when entering the pits at Circuit Zandvoort when using strict corner cutting rules.
- Fixed an issue where players could get illegal overtake penalties under the safety car/VSC when giving a position back.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the player to gain a time advantage at the end of a VSC period.
- Fixed an issue that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.