Ahead of the upcoming tournament, Epic Games have released details on the Twitch Drops rewards.
Here is everything you need to know.
Fortnite Season 5 FNCS begins on Thursday, February 4th, with the Grand Finals concluding on March 14th.
Epic Games has released the schedule for the tournament.
- Qualifier 1: February 4-7
- Qualifier 2: February 11-14
- Qualifier 3: February 18-21
- Bye Week: February 25-28
- Semi-Finals: March 5-7
- Reboot Round: March 12 & 13
- Finals: March 12-14
Epic Games have revealed that every FNCS tournament in 2021 will be Trios.
Meaning teams of three will each compete to become the greatest team in their region.
Players will compete in a single cross-platform player pool. This allows players on multiple platforms to play together as teammates.
- Weekly Qualifiers will have an additional Round to pare down to the final lobby more gradually. See details below.
- Once qualified to the Semi-Finals, teams will be locked and not be able to play in additional Qualifiers. This means if a team directly qualifies to the Semi-Finals in Week 1, that team won’t be able to influence Week 2 or Week 3’s Qualifiers.
- Semi-Finals and Finals will be played out on separate weekends to better manage both player fatigue and tournament operations.
- All prizes have been shifted to the Finals.
- The top three teams from each region’s Finals will auto-qualify for the next season’s FNCS Finals. Note: This change requires that all three members of the team remain together during the next season.
- FNCS Champions and other consistent top performers will earn the opportunity to be invited to the mid and end-of-year prize competitions.
- Slightly different scoring formats for single lobby vs. multiple lobby gameplay, to account for increased level of competition and the increased challenge of obtaining eliminations in the later stages.
In a blog post, Epic Games have released the details of the Twitch Drops for the upcoming tournament.
"We’ve got another round of Twitch Drops coming to our viewers for this FNCS season! Find a supported channel by simply checking under their stream title (all official channels will be supported), and ensure your Epic and Twitch accounts are linked at Fortnite.com to enable your Twitch Drops!
A different selection of rewards will be available each week, so check out the streams for a chance to earn a Back Bling, Spray, Emoticon or Loading Screen."
How To Connect Fortnite Account To Twitch
To unlock these rewards, as well as future drops, players need to connect their Epic Games account to Twitch.
This can be done by following these steps.
- Go to EpicGames.com or Fortnite.com
- Log in to your account
- Go into the Account section at the top right of the screen
- Then click on Connections on the side bar
- Then click Accounts
- Then click on the Twitch icon and log in
Once that is done your account will be connected and you will be eligible for Twitch Drops.
To earn the rewards, viewers need to be watching for at least 20 minutes.
READ MORE: Week 9 challenge guide