If you're looking for a new Fortnite skin - and a new Squadmate - there's a new offer that should satisfy both of those requests! Epic Games has updated Fortnite's Refer-a-Friend system to include in-game challenges and rewards. If you want to get your hands on the Rainbow Racer skin in Fortnite, here's what you need to do...
How to get the Rainbow Racer skin for free?
All you need to do to get the Rainbow Racer Skin in Fortnite is to "Refer-a-Friend" and then complete a handful of in-game challenges.
If you want to invite a friend to Fortnite, you'll need to log into your Epic Games account here and then invite eligible Fortnite friends. Your new friend has to have played less than 120 minutes of Fortnite battle royale in the last 30 days to qualify - though.
Once you've "connected" - basically, you need to become friends through your Epic Games accounts - then you can start earning rewards in-game!
The following rewards are up for grabs:
- Rainbow Racer Loading Screen
- Rainbow Racer Weapon Wrap
- Rainbow Racer Glider
- Rainbow Racer Pickaxe Harvesting Tool
- Rainbow Racer outfit
You can unlock them via the following challenges:
- Rainbow Racer Loading Screen - "Make a Connection" and add someone via "refer-a-friend" system;
- Rainbow Racer Weapon Wrap - Play 1 game in Fortnite with a referee;
- Rainbow Racer Glider - Place Top 10 3 times with your referee;
- Rainbow Racer Pickaxe - Eliminate 10 opponents with your referee;
- Rainbow Racer Outfit - Gain 60 Career levels on your own and wait for your referee to get 60 career levels too;
You have until November 14th to refer a friend and start this process - then, until January 2022 to complete all stages to unlock the Rainbow Racer Outfit and get the remaining rewards. This is only going to work on standard BR modes, though. You will need to play Duos, Trios, or Quads to complete the challenges above.