The first update of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 has arrived with the 15.10 update.
With it comes Operation: Snowdown, this years version of Winterfest, which brings us lots of new challenges and rewards.
It has now been revealed that Winterfest won't be called Winterfest this year, instead it is now known as Operation Snowdown.
Players will be given Operation Snowdown challenges to complete, which will grant XP and cosmetics, including two free skins.
There is also another event called The Spy Within, which will grant even more free cosmetics.
Players who complete all of the Operation Snowdown challenges will receive the Snowmando and Frost Squad skins for free.
Operation Snowdown Challenges
In order to get the two new free skins, players will have to complete a bunch of challenges.
Here is the list of all of the challenges:
Here is the complete list of Operation Snowdown Challenges:
- Complete Epic Quests (73)
- Visit different Snowmando outposts (1)
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (100)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (9)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (12)
- Dance at different Holiday trees (5)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (5)
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads (3)
- Destroy Nutcracker statues (5)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings (5,000)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (10)
- Collect Gold Bars (100)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper (1)
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
- Play duo/squads with friends (5)
- Stoke a campfire (2)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts (250)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
Overall the challenges seem fairly straight forward and a lot of them will be gained through natural play time.
They do also reveal some new changes and additions that will be coming to the game.
Christmas Trees have already returned in the 15.10 update, but it appears that Snowmando outposts will be added to the map soon.
There will also be a new Snowy Flopper added, as well as the return of the X-4 Stormwing planes, that haven't been seen since the end of Chapter 1 Season 7 in early 2019.
When Will The Operation Snowdown Challenges Be Released?
Thursday is always challenge day, so it is likely that the challenges will release alongside the regular challenges.
It would be fair to assume they would go live on December 17, but with some of these items not in the game yet, it is possible we will see an update next week and then the challenges go live.
A hotfix could also be an option to unlock all of these items and challenges without the need for downtime.