The Fortnite Chapter 2 Finale event is almost here and there's going to be a lot of major changes coming in the next couple of weeks. If you've been following the story Epic Games has been developing over the last few seasons, you might be wondering who The Foundation is in Fortnite and the lore surrounding Chapter 2 and beyond. We have everything you need to know right here.
Who is The Foundation in Fortnite?
The Foundation is the founder and leader of The Seven, a mysterious group of Fortnite characters that are trying to stop "The Loop" that's trapping everyone on Fortnite Island. It's an interesting way of explaining the repeating battle royale format narratively and it's an important part of the upcoming Chapter 2 Finale event.
What makes The Foundation unique is the fact that they're one of the few Fortnite characters to have escaped "The Loop" at some point in the past - which is why Agent Jones has been trying to get his help. We don't know how they escaped "The Loop" but it has something to do with the Zero Point - which is talked about as the centre of all reality.
If you're looking for a timeline of events (involving The Foundation) leading into the Chapter 2 Finale event and the start of Chapter 3, we have you covered...
- Chapter 2 Season 6
- Agent Jones throws a Portal Device into the unstable Zero Point and "summons" The Foundation, who crash-lands onto Fortnite Island.
- They agree to help stabilise the unstable Zero Point and seal themselves inside after containing the implosion that could end reality.
- Chapter 2 Season 7
- The Foundation is thrown out of the Zero Point when the Last Reality invades Fortnite island and finds himself stuck in the DC Universe - which is now aligned to the Fortnite Universe through the Zero Point.
- Chapter 2 Season 8
- The Foundation has spent a long time inactive after the events of Chapter 2 Season 7. However, he is now awake and working with Batman to close the strange rift above Metropolis.
- After this, he has returned to Fortnite Island to look for Agent Jones and escape "The Loop" again.
It has been long-rumoured that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is going to be portraying The Foundation going forwards and he has teased this in a recent clip - which you can see below:
As far as we know, The Foundation is going to be pivotal in fighting the Cube Queen during the Chapter 2 Finale event and we expect him to continue to be involved going into Chapter 3 Season 1.