Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 is just hours away!
More and more details emerging, so here's a brief overview ahead of the new season.
Chapter 2 Season 3 Start Date & Time
With an update posted 3 June, Epic Games has officially delayed Fortnite's newest season.
The post is very straight forward with the reasons behind the delay, citing the impact of recent events on the community at large from developers to players alike.
Chapter 2 Season 3 will now officially begin Wednesday, 17 June.
This is expected to be at 4am ET / 9am BST.
A countdown clock was recently added to the game, tucked away in Midas’ office in the form of a Doomsday Device - we got to see more of this in The Device Event.
SURFS UP - Good luck catching that wave
We've had plenty of underwater rumours, but with the map flooded in The Device, this is becoming more and more likely.
We've seen Aquaman and astronauts so far, with more teasers expected ahead of Chapter 2 Season 3's launch.
SETTING SAIL - We await more info on this boat!
The latest looks to be a boat, suggesting a new POI in the game!
Reddit User PM092 posted the below image of a new and updated Hand Cannon (Desert Eagle) model that was found within the files.
POWER: Few guns can match the stopping-power of the Deagle
There is a good chance we are going to see the return of the Hand Cannon in Season 3!
Fortnite Update 12.61 Patch Notes
We saw some patch notes release back in May:
- Numbers not changing on sports-themed Outfits
- When changing the number for a sports-themed Outfit, the change may not apply
- Unable to refund Dragacorn Glider
- We're aware that owners of the Dragacorn Glider may not have been given the option to refund it after its animation changed in v12.60
- We are working to address this issue and will provide an update once it's resolved
- Hit Indicators showing the wrong direction
- Hit / Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage
- iOS players hitching at a high rate
- We're investigating an issue on iOS that is causing players to hitch at a high rate, potentially leading to a crash
We are expecting more around the drop of the new season, we've got all the details so far here.